Nissan Versa Forums banner

Speaker Size?

94K views 32 replies 8 participants last post by  Versa12 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
Hey Guys,
So I cannot take the factory sound system in my Versa anymore. Going from my decent build in my Accord to the Versa is like night and day. I have lovely Pioneers, a Kenwood KVT-512 touchscreen flip-out head unit, and a great sub/amp in the Honda.

What is the factory size of the speakers in the Versa for front/rear?

Any tutorials or DIYs on removing door panels w/ crank windows or the factory radio?

I have visited Crutchfield, and it said a variety of sizes would fit if I had an adapter bracket, so I am trying to see beforehand if I will need it.

I have a barely used Insignia head unit from my fiance's old car and brand new Dynex 6.5" speakers that I had bought before it was sold. I've installed many radios and speakers, so I am not new to all this; I want to have all the info before diving in.

#2 · (Edited)
i believe door speakers are 6 3/4" so 6.5s will fit if they have extra ears on the outside edge of the speaker, without adapters. But adapters will give a nice seal and better bass. I did mine without adapters.
there are posts here somewhere for removing panels etc, but there wasn't anything extraordinary removing them. Sounds like you should have no problem:)
was gonna recommend Crutchfield too but i see...:)

edit: you can see the gaps here without the adapter rings
Sony 6.5" 4 ways
hope it helps! 08v

#3 · (Edited)
Awesome! Thank You for clearing that up as I could not find a definite answer!

I don't have any extra Dynamat so I will just use a very small bead of RTV on the speaker to help seal it if I go the route you went. Just don't like the idea of drilling and worrying about rust.

I've never removed door panels w/ manual windows so from what I have read there is a small pin you push/pull out and the crank comes off?

Other than that, I should be fine! Gonna check prices at local stores for the installation kit, harness, and antenna adapter since I can get all 3 from eBay for $22 shipped. Speaker adapter I will have to check on.

Just trying to do this as cheaply as possible since I am using very cheap speakers/headunit!

BTW, Best Buy sells "quick connects" for speakers that attach to the speaker terminals and then have a plug that plugs directly into the OEM connection instead of using the little clips you used to attach to the OEM connection. I've always used them bc they are easy and reduce the chance of interference/bad connection!

#5 ·
Nice speakers you have there!

Do you guys know what the depth of the factory speakers are? I am hoping these cheapo Dynex speakers arent very deep so I wont have to worry about that.

Also, any write-ups I may have missed for removing manual window cranks would be helpful!

#6 ·
just checked. fronts about 1-1/8th to 1-1/4"
i dont know about the rears cuz they're still installed:) probably same.
fronts say Blaupunkt 40W max / 20W nominal, 2 Ohm, part number 28156 EA00A

#8 · (Edited)
*****Use at your own risk. After purchasing the falsely advertised Scosche kit it does not fit the sedan.

Info for new stereos

PDF for stereo: Here

What you need/OEM speaker size: Here

What I bought:

Aftermarket Speaker Adapter (pair): Here

Install Kit: Here

Speaker Adapter (NOT SURE IF CORRECT): Here

Just bought the Dash kit, antenna adapter, and wiring harness for $22 on eBay! I guess the dash kit is made in America and says it is high quality so we shall see about that! It also says it only fits the 2012 hatch but I doubt there is a difference.

#10 ·
I had a double din pioneer so I didn't need the slot underneath but you should check out crutchfield.com they have excellent customer service and a wide variety of parts and keep up to date on the new models, I got my wiring harness and antenna adapter from them (those haven't changed in the versa) but I'm sure they will have what you are looking for and their prices aren't bad.

#12 ·
Well I received my installation kit, wiring harness, and antenna adapter today.

Excited, I proceeded to wire the Scosche harness to the radio harness, took off the trim (super easy) and removed the stock radio. Then I put together the installation kit for the aftermarket radio and of course it did not fit. I am having the worst luck in the world for getting things that actually work for this car when they state they do.

#14 ·
wish i would have seen those adapters earlier, my kickers are just mounted to the old ring off the stock speakers after i cut em out haha

#15 ·
Havent installed the speakers yet. The adapter rings for the speakers are coming from China so they probably won't be here for at least another week or so. So, assuming it isn't 2 degrees outside when they arrive I should have them in the same day I get the adapters.

#17 ·
Yeah, I just went with the cheapest ones. Im sure they both are made in China but im not in a super big rush.

I e-mailed both the seller and Scosche about the installation kit not fitting correctly. I am hoping to hear something from them tomorrow!

#18 ·
The seller I bought the product from has been more of a help than Scosche. He found out the kit does NOT fit the sedan - only the hatchback as I assumed.

Scosche had me send in pictures and wanted to know where I bought the kit from.....so we'll see if we hear something back today since they have a "custom fit gurantee" and never mentioned sedna or hatch.

*sigh*

#20 ·
This is for the Dash Kit for the aftermarket radio.

I am extremely irritated because the top of the package has a "oem fit guarantee" and a sticker that says "2012 nissan versa" and their site never said ANYTHING about hatch/sedan. They NOW have updated their site that says hatchback only.

I got a reply from Scosche again and he said I should get in touch with the seller for a refund. I e-mailed him back asking about the guarantee on their package and that the Scosche sponsor on this site even said that kid would work on my Sedan.

What a joke Scosche is. Never will I buy anything of theirs again. Worst customer service ever .

#21 ·
Hey man, I had a EG Civic Coupe back before the versa, i swapped my entire system 4 pioneer 6'' (i think was a bit bigger than 6) doorspeakers (left my tweeters out wanted to upgrade) got my 10'' sub, amp, and deck (running the 4 speakers) everything swapped out fine, no drilling etc. The manual crank windows are a PITA without that "special tool" but manageable with a tiny flat head screwdriver. everythings just plastic pins screws then the basic door panel rip out.

#22 ·
Not to my surprise, Scosche has not e-mailed me back to state exactly what their guarantee means. I am assuming I will not get a response so I will reply again and see where this goes.....

I can't stand companies that LOVE showing off a guarantee but when it comes time to actually backing it up they run and hide.... *Sarcasm*

Yeah, the only thing I need to know how to do is to remove the crank for the window.

#23 ·
It has a opening on one end, and it's closed on the other. What you do is pry apart the opened side (it's metal so it won't break, just don't scratch your door plastic with whatever you're using) Taking it off is harder than putting it back on actually. I managed to put it back on with my fingers (pry apart the opening and push from the closed end till it snapped in place, the window crank handle will sit on the designated rod. Just push in toward the door and on the clip and it'll snap back in. I'd take pics for you but I literally just put it back on sorry m8.

#26 ·
Yeah, loosing those clips sucks. I've lost a couple of mine.Isn't there a tool to remove the cranks?
Yes, i have one, but can also be done with low profile needle nose pliers

#28 ·
Sorry, didn't even realize anyone replied!

Thanks for the info....although I am still confused! In all the installs that I have done I have only dealt with power windows so I guess I will just have to see. If anyone has pictures that'd be great!

On a side note: Still waiting for the speaker adapters...I am hoping they will be here this week so we shall see.

Also, got in touch with another Scosche rep....so I am hoping this will result in some sort of positive result as I really have a strong desire to recommend to tell everyone not to get Scosche products. That is until, we come up with some sort of resolution. I've been happy with their products in the past but this recent ordeal is beyond sad in terms of brand reputation. Maybe if they sent me one of their subs and amp I could see if their other products are good quality.

As always, I will update when new stuff happens.

#29 ·
WOW.

Scosche has been a HUGE joke in assisting with this ordeal. However, the sponsor on this site has been very helpful and quick in assisting with the problem of the installation kit not fitting correctly. I have written multiple e-mails to various representatives over the past few days and have felt like I have written a book so I will try to keep this short:

Basically, the first guy Erik was a joke who just wanted to see pictures of the kit not fitting correctly (I sent him like 8) and then proceeded to tell me the kit has NEVER EVER been tested on a Versa Sedan even though the sponsor on here and Scosches website said it fits the 2012 Nissan Versa and up and never made any mention of hatch/sedan issues. However, on 12/18 they updated their website to say hatchback only since it did not work with the sedan. Can you believe they would NOT test it on a sedan but say it was compatible? What a bunch of irresponsible people. They admitted in an e-mail it had never been tested on a sedan.

Next, Erik stopped e-mailing me so I got in touch with Kelson who was a bit better. Again, I had to explain everything again and wrote a MASSIVE e-mail. All they wanted to do was refund my money which is stupid because on the packaging of the kit it says "Custom Kit Factory Fit Scosche Guarantee" THEY GUARANTEE it will fit...but it does not because they did not actually test it on the Versa sedan. So their version of a guarantee is simply offering a refund! They obviously have NO idea what a guarantee is.

Beginning to see how unprofessional these people are? Why have a guarantee if it really is just the option to reutrn the product after taking the time to try to install the product then wasting more time putting the OEM radio back in and e-mailing these people? Not to mention they take FOREVER to respond - one e-mail per day on average.

Next, I get George who apologized and offered a refund and even admitted the product did not fit and my expectations had been unmet. He then said steps had been taken to prevent this from happening again....this reply was like 40 minutes after I had sent the e-mail and was roughly 8pm CST. So how did he talk to people to prevent it from happening? It is a lie. Note that I was calm and for the most part nice to everyone I was in touch with....so I was not irate or cursing or anything like that. I wrote him a MASSIVE e-mail and he ignored EVERY question and simply asked for the receipt and nothing more.

So, I just posted stuff on Scosches Facebook page trying to get someone else.

I highly suggest to never buy Scosche as their customer service sucks even tho they strive for customer satisfaction.

Can you believe a company would sell a dash installation kit made only for one type of vehicle and not test is on both the sedan and hatchback model? WHAT A JOKE!

Sorry for the rant but I am pissed and so frustrated with the time, effort, and work I have put into to this. They have a guarantee which means nothing more than a refund for their failure to do research on a product they made and sell. Unless this gets resolved I will never buy their products again and suggest you never should either! If they make a proud point on customer satisfaction and a guarantee they should stick by it instead of trying to weasel their way out of a marketing scam.

Sorry for the rant!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.