Nissan Versa Forums banner

Foglight wiring harness

16K views 21 replies 12 participants last post by  APLPIX 
#1 ·
I recently checked under the hood for the wiring harness and I found it. So when I install the foglight kit, am I going to need two connectors for the left and right foglights? Where is the other located? Is the connector taped on the inside and do you just pull on it to release the slack?

#2 ·
I wish I had the wiring harness :(

#8 ·
just pull on the wire, it will become straight. I just unscrewed the 3 screws underneath the bumper, reached my hand up in there, and with the other hand positioned the lamp. Screwed it in. Poped in the fog finisher. Then removed the steering wheel column and unsnaped the old headlight switch and poped in the new one. Thats it ur done!! Took me about 20mins, and I had no idea what I was doing. All I knew was where the fog light wires in the engine were. Hope this helps anyone!! And yes. Its only for S with power package and SL's.

#10 ·
Hey I saw those wires to when I put in my HID's so does this mean all i need to do is buy the kit with the lights and replace the lever on my steering wheel with the one that has fog controls? Is that all that needs to be done for fogs. The dealer told me you can only get fogs if ur car came with them

#14 ·
Dealers are pulln ur leg, like they did to me last week. If you know for sure you have the wires with a connector on the end, on both sides of the car... then yes you are prewired for fogs. Just buy the fog lamp, front fog lamp finishers, and the steering wheel headlight lever with the fog switch. These are sold as kits too. I know versaspeed.com sells the kit. thats where I bought mine. I was afraid of the cheap ones on ebay. So in other words, you are correct!! Thats all you have to do. Hope this helps.

#16 ·
I have an SL model versa without fog lights and I'm looking to have them installed. I haven't taken the chance to look and see if the wiring harness is there. Like some of you had said; they are pre-wired for the S and SL models.

All I need is a pair of fog lights that connect with pre-existing connector and a lever? Is the relay and fuse already set up? My v already has the fog finisher which I could drill to fit the lights.

Has anyone in Ontario put in there own fogs? If so where did you pick up this kit? I looked on e-bay and some kits are $130+!

#18 ·
Its all ready for you. The wires are all ready. No need to put in fuses, relays, etc. Its already done. Just get the lamps, fog finishers, and the lever. Here is a website to kinda get u in the right direction. Disregard the "for SL only". And "will NOT fit S". Its not true. SL is prewired all the time. The only S versas are prewired if you have power package. Thats why they say SL only. Please dont hesitate for more questions. I own an S sedan, and bought the fog light set, and put them in myself, like I said 20mins tops for me!! If you need help with install, let me know through email, I can give u my number to guide u better, or just ask it as a new thread. But I bet thats already be done, lol. Its very easy to do. I know, I know, it sounds to easy to be true. But I couldnt believe it myself until I did it, and was like, holy crap!! That was so freak n easy!!!

http://www.courtesyparts.com/nissan...odel-only-p-580527.html?cPath=7153_7688_7731&

#20 ·
Good luck with that idea. I've gone over every junkyard here with a fine tooth comb, repeatedly, looking for a set. Can't even find a wrecked Versa in the first place for that matter.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.