Nissan Versa Forums - View Single Post - Interior scuff marks.
View Single Post
post #9 of Old 03-28-2014, 08:00 PM
aam985

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverV View Post
What do use to remove scuff marks from interior plastics?

I noticed a mark on my door from possibly my shoe rubbing accross it, I tried to use some water mixed with some dish soap and a cloth and it removed some but there is still a light mark there.
You may want to try a wax color pencil (found at some auto parts stores or online, used for exterior car paint scratches) matched to the color of your door. Rub it into the mark(s) this maybe enough to cover the defect. If not, then get some ArmorAll leather treatment and apply it on top of the wax or ArmorAll may have something else for plastics to lightly polish it and buff it in with a soft cloth. You may have to cover the rest of the entire door with just the ArmorAll treatment so it all blends in.

Auto makers always have wax color pencils to detail and cover flaws in new car interiors. If you clean the interior with soap sometimes the wax will wash off and reveal a scratch or some other defect. If you use ArmorAll leather treatment on your dash be carefull, it will shine up the dash and it will look good but this could cause window glare on the interior windshield and make problems trying to see at night then you will have to try and dull it up a bit with a cleaner. Hope this helps.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome