View Single Post
post #6 of Old 02-28-2015, 03:19 AM Thread Starter
lizardversa
Level I Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Pick up a 12 volt power supply. I got one of these
Amazon.com: Stanley J5C09 1000 Peak Amp Jump Starter with Built in Compressor: Automotive Amazon.com: Stanley J5C09 1000 Peak Amp Jump Starter with Built in Compressor: Automotive

I have the older model and I got it cheaper at Sam's club. Then I took a cigarette plug and cut the wires and used that as a power source.

Alternatively you can just hook some wires up to the terminals on your battery. Then wire the whole thing up to get a feel of how it works.

Then wire it up and play with it. You'll understand how it works.

You put the 5 wire actuator in the driver's door (if it comes with 2 5 wires like mine did, put them in the front doors). When you lock or unlock the door with the existing stock switch it will open all the doors or close all the doors depending on how you set it up.

You'll hook your keyless entry system up to the brain of the lock system you bought. It's pretty easy. If you can find the PDF of the install guide or scan it and post it I'll try and help you find the wires. The door triggers are a bit tricky to track down, but I did do it.

I installed the Viper 5706V with remote start. My buddy and I got the keyless entry done the first day, but the door triggers and remote start took a great deal longer.

Last edited by lizardversa; 02-28-2015 at 03:23 AM.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome