Nissan Versa Forums - View Single Post - How To: Add Cabin Air Filter to Versa Note and Versa Sedan
View Single Post
post #57 of Old 05-30-2016, 10:00 PM Thread Starter
jas32
Level V Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 151 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by TKO View Post
....Well, I put it in again. It still bulged out of the opening but I shoved it in there and placed the door/cover back in place. It's been running in there ever since. I'll leave it in there until it hits 45,000 miles; it had about 30,000 miles when I put it in. If the filter is dirty by then, then I'll know that it filtered at least some of the dirt/contaminants in the air.

As mentioned in the quote above, filter part #999M1-VS007 is not a perfect fit in the compartment. This means that air can possibly flow around the filter rather than through it. Just because it can be stuffed in there doesn't mean that it's a perfect fit. I feel for people who had their cars serviced at this dealership and whether they know that the filter is not a perfect fit.

Also, some people have mentioned that their 2015 Versa (Note) has a filter already installed when they purchased their car brand new. The filter part # is 27277 1KK0A. Last September/October, I went to a couple local dealerships (Surf City Nissan in Huntington Beach, CA, and Glendale Nissan) and they did not carry this part. This is why I bought the 999M1-VS007 instead.
I've used this one successfully for the past 2 years on my 2014 Note sourced from AMZ, about 1/2 price of the OEM filter:
Amazon.com: ATP CF-102 White Cabin Air Filter: Automotive Amazon.com: ATP CF-102 White Cabin Air Filter: Automotive

I know for sure it fits and works since has evidence of trapped dust and debris when I take it out.

2014 Versa Note SV

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome