Nissan Versa Forums - View Single Post - Questions about a full tune-up?
View Single Post
post #2 of Old 02-17-2017, 08:25 PM
arudlang
Level IV Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 40 Post(s)
Garage
It depends on how up to date you are with regular maintenance, as specified in your nissan maintenance schedule booklet. Have you owned the car since new? Has it had regular service appointments in keeping with the maintenance schedule? If you are current in that book, then you need nothing more than whatever the book specifies at the next interval.

My guess is you would not be asking the question if you were up on that book, so lets look it up: https://www.nissanusa.com/pdf/techpu...2011_N_SMG.pdf

Hmmm, in my book they are asking to see my 2016 every six months or 5k miles, which is frequent but OK. In the book for 2011 they are asking to see the car every three months which seems obnoxious. Well, start at roughly the 100,000 mile mark around page 46 and work your way backwards until you hit major item that have already been done, then see what items are between those two points that hasn't been done and that will likely be a good starting point. The books are generalized for all nissan vehicles so you have to take the items that apply to your particular car and ignore the rest.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome