Nissan Versa Forums - View Single Post - 2016 Versa SV radio swap - BT buttons and mic don't work
View Single Post
post #1 of Old 03-14-2017, 04:45 PM Thread Starter
tomiga
Level I Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 11 Post(s)
2016 Versa SV radio swap - BT buttons and mic don't work

Hello,

Recently, I purchased an OEM Nissan head unit to replace the stock one that came in my Versa SV, with the goal to get Bluetooth Streaming Audio working. The radio came from a 2016 Nissan Sentra SV, and is the one with a color screen, without navigation. ALMOST everything works, including USB, Aux, as well as steering wheel controls for volume, source, next/prev (up/down), but the one thing that I'm having difficulties with is getting the Bluetooth features to work. The buttons for call send/end on the steering wheel do not work, and the microphone doesn't work either, making it impossible to actually pair my phone to the new stereo (even though I'm able to get to the part where it asks if the codes match when pairing).

One thing I noticed is, if my new radio is tuned to 540 AM and I hit the bluetooth buttons, I can actually hear bluetooth phone prompts and say commands, which led me to believe that there's a separate module somewhere in the car that the bluetooth buttons and the mic are hooked up to. I sort of figured that this was the case, as there is a connector that I was unable to locate and plug into the new stereo (I believe it's an 8-pin connector, could be wrong). Looking online at images, I found that the bluetooth module has this same exact connector.

My question is, where is this Bluetooth module located, and would it be a simple matter of unplugging the 8-pin connector from the module and plugging it into the new stereo to get the Bluetooth functions to work?

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome