Nissan Versa Forums - View Single Post - 2016 Versa SV radio swap - BT buttons and mic don't work
View Single Post
post #12 of Old 03-17-2017, 03:41 AM
suhridkhan
Level I Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by tomiga View Post
I have a 2016 Nissan Versa SV with a Nissan Sentra SV stereo. I was using the wiring diagram from the 2016 Nissan Sentra; the wiring for the Bluetooth Module/stereo pins on the S model Sentra and the SV model Versa is the same. To disconnect it, you simply locate it (it was in the trunk for me) and unplug the 32-pin connector. We then bypassed the 3 pins as I mentioned, and now the steering wheel controls are all functional! I was able to finally get my phone paired, which is amazing.

I still have a bit more work that needs done, though. The microphone and the AUX port still aren't connected, but that will be done at a later time.
Thanks very much. As I analyzed the pin diagrams, my connections also look to be the same. I am gonna give it a go this weekend. Just need to figure out where the BT unit is in my car. Versa didn't change much from 15 to 16. So, I am hopeful that it must be in the trunk too.
The AUX seems to be an easy fix, but finding that 8 pin connector might be a problem. Please let me know if you can find one. Not sure about the mic though.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome