Nissan Versa Forums - View Single Post - 2015 Versa SV radio, speakers sound awful
View Single Post
post #8 of Old 05-28-2017, 03:58 AM
Estraven

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by extralungz View Post
I started with a clean canvas 15 Versa S sedan, base cd Aux radio w steering wheel controls and only 2 speakers.

Since February I have gone through a couple different configurations... The car currently has a Double din Metra dash kit with a single din iso mounted(screws in the side) and a generic 1 din plastic pocket also iso mounted below it. I have had a double din Pioneer mixtrax (button interface, small lcd), a kenwood screen that I had hooked to my Galaxy s5 w Mhl Adapter and at one point a gaping hole in my dash when I had no head unit, only a bluetooth receiver connected to a sound processor and my amplifiers.

I have a hifonics HFEQ line driver sound processor combination hidden away in my glove box tied to a Brutus gorilla 5000 watt amp pushing a Kenwood 12inch T2 in a ported box and my door speakers connected to a 4 channel amp as well.

I have JBL coaxial 3 way speakers in all 4 doors, I had to add provisions for wiring them and mounting them to the backdoor locations where there were none previously installed.

Everything is powered by a single true 0 gauge power wire run from the battery and a matching ground wire ground at the seat belt mounting point in the back. Had to remove all of the under hood fuse box to drill a hole in the firewall for the cable to fit, I also had to be careful not to knick the brake booster when I came thru with the step bit, this was the only spot I really had to effectively run that cable with the extra bracketry for my clutch pedal(my Versa is a 5 speed), so others may have more room.

I also added an aftermarket power lock kit to my Versa so I ran alot of the wiring fir this at the same time, it was very involved and I've had the entire interior stripped out at least twice while setting everything up.

I can try to get you pics of anything you wanna see.
Hi all.

My first post, so bit info about me - proud owner of 2015 Versa Note S. I was wondering how difficult would it be to replace stock radio with a better receiver preferably one that includes back up camera - I am not made of $ so not looking to spend, something similar to this:
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01IPJX8W4...d=TVDW27U1Y3VG (Boss Audio B9351WRC Double Din, Touchscreen, Bluetooth, DVD/CD/MP3/USB/SD AM/FM Car Stereo, 6.2 Inch Digital LCD Monitor, Wireless Remote, Wireless Rear License Plate Camera).
I was wondering if anyone can suggest something - I do realize that you get what you pay for, so I am looking for a compromise of price vs features - I do not need CD/DVD, or XM or Sirius, but responsive screen, USB etc. In the future, I might consider replacing speakers (budget permitting). I was wondering how difficult it it would be to self-install.
One more question,if I may - I do not mind manual windows, but I'd like to be able to unlock doors from driver side, instead one by one - what would it cost to install, and (I know, cheapskate again), but would it be possible to self install?

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome