Nissan Versa Forums - View Single Post - Medical opinion? Inflammation off the chart!!!
View Single Post
post #2 of Old 08-29-2017, 03:04 PM
pimperell
Level V Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 92 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cobb View Post
Yeah, yeah, yeah, I know getting medical info from the internet is frown upon, but I wanted to toss this out there to see if it can shed some light on my problems.

So, I got joint and muscle pain like arthritis and MS, but I test negative for both. The pain is weather related and I test off the charts for inflammation even under medication.

I ache more on a day before a big storm vs doing physical labor. These say high pain days I have terrible BO and my waste products stink as well. Ha, ha, ha. This has to mean something. Urine is the same color as well as my crap, they just stink.

Protein drinks help with the pain, salty foods,NSAIDS, steroids and pain killers.

Ive seen arthritis doctors and first thing they look for is swollen finger joints. None here. Blood test come back negative. Infact they can not be any further negative making me suspect its a false negative.

Further movement makes the pain worse, sitting still helps. Pain just gets worse with movement.

Other blood test come back normal, liver, cholesterol, sodium, blood sugar, red cells, white cells, etc, etc, etc.

It was suspected I may have another muscular disease but its a grand to test if I have it and insurance wont cover it. If I test positive the only solution was physical therapy.
The signs and symptoms of gout almost always occur suddenly often at night and without warning. They include:

Intense joint pain. Gout usually affects the large joint of your big toe, but it can occur in your feet, ankles, knees, hands and wrists. The pain is likely to be most severe within the first four to 12 hours after it begins.
Lingering discomfort. After the most severe pain subsides, some joint discomfort may last from a few days to a few weeks. Later attacks are likely to last longer and affect more joints.
Inflammation and redness. The affected joint or joints become swollen, tender, warm and red.
Limited range of motion. Decreased joint mobility may occur as gout progresses.

or:

Osteoarthritis symptoms often develop slowly and worsen over time. Signs and symptoms of osteoarthritis include:

Pain. Your joint may hurt during or after movement.
Tenderness. Your joint may feel tender when you apply light pressure to it.
Stiffness. Joint stiffness may be most noticeable when you wake up in the morning or after a period of inactivity.
Loss of flexibility. You may not be able to move your joint through its full range of motion.
Grating sensation. You may hear or feel a grating sensation when you use the joint.
Bone spurs. These extra bits of bone, which feel like hard lumps, may form around the affected joint.
When to see a doctor

If you have joint pain or stiffness that doesn't go away, make an appointment with your doctor.

Causes

Osteoarthritis occurs when the cartilage that cushions the ends of bones in your joints gradually deteriorates. Cartilage is a firm, slippery tissue that permits nearly frictionless joint motion.

In osteoarthritis, the slick surface of the cartilage becomes rough. Eventually, if the cartilage wears down completely, you may be left with bone rubbing on bone.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome