Nissan Versa Forums - View Single Post - CVT to Manual Swap
View Single Post
post #1 of Old 05-15-2018, 02:37 PM Thread Starter
Tacoman

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hello! I am new here and this is my first posting so please bear with me! Now before you all tell me I'm better off getting a new car... I have read through most of the topics on here regarding this, and yes, the cost effectiveness alone is a good reason not to do this but I am still interested and have some questions and any advice would be greatly appreciated!

Question 1,
I have a 2012 versa sedan base model, so no cruise control, and it has the 1.6, and that oh so reliable CVT which is on it's way out, again... I am looking to find a used manual trans to swap in just to see how easy that alone would be as it's the first piece of the puzzle. I've read that a manual transmission "RS5F91R" from a 2012-2016 will work. Does this sound right?

Question 2,
I have an idea of all the parts I would need but just wanted to double check and see if you guys agree with my list.
1. Transmission
2. Drive shafts
3. Flywheel
4. Clutch
5. Shifter
6. Peddle rack
7. Wiring harness
8. Ecu for manual trans (not sure if there are two ecu's for engine and trans or just one for both)
9. Center console

Question 3,
Will I need to replace or relocate anything in the engine bay to make room for the manual trans?

-Tacoman

Last edited by Tacoman; 05-15-2018 at 06:02 PM. Reason: New info

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome