Nissan Versa Forums banner

AC Setting

5K views 12 replies 5 participants last post by  Cobb 
#1 ·
Hello Guyz,

Just a Question about AC.

Nissan TIIDA 2012 Sedan

As I’m from State of Qatar. AC is Basic need here :wink So as we know turning ON the AC in the Car will cost some extra Fuel. I wonder keeping the Fan to High (I mean 3 or 4) will cost me more fuel than keeping the fan to 1 or 2?

Coz If the fuel consumption is same regardless which fan setting (1 / 2 / 3 / 4) I would like to keep always to the high :nerd: That’s the main reason why I’m asking this question.

Thank you in advance,

#4 ·
Not to disagree but I think the AC is connected to the fan speed: If set on one the compressor (toggles off and on) does not come on as often. I have noticed a large difference in gas mileage if I run the fan on 4. If you set the fan on 4 the compressor stays on all the time....it's like max air conditioning.

#5 ·
To make it the coldest put it on inside air, vent and high blower speed. I like cool air on my feet and face, but using that setting reduces the coldness of the air.

I typically start off with it on outside air, then after a few miles switch to inside and it really cools off.

On blower setting 3 it is noticeable in my 5 speed and I need to change my shift points. On blower speed 4 it starts to become a dog to drive. I dont really track my mpg, but just glance it at the screen on the dash. I see from 41 to 35 mpg.

#8 ·
Owh Yeah. That is how I do it either.
As its super hot here (45 Degree Celsius is normal in summer time) I used to keep the windows 1 inch open when I park (Of course only if I'm sure it's safe) to avoid some Green house impact ;)

After start the car I used to Run the Fan only (without turning ON the AC) with outside Air on 3 or 4 Speed also all windows opened. After driving for few mins, I will shut the windows, than AC ON than Turning into inside Air :)

Thanks for sharing your ideas mate :)

#11 ·
The price of oil is going up all over. In the middle east they use to pay foreigners to do everything as the government gave them a check from the oil revenue. Alaska does something similar, but not as much as in the middle east. Well, the middle east didnt like the American making soo much oil they are exporting vs importing from the fracking operations getting the most costly harder to get oil. So, to run the Americans out of business they arent holding back and are flooding the market. This hurts them, but helps the end user. So, fuel has goes up from a few pennies a gallon and many have had to get a job to make ends meet and the government has had to start taxing them.

Anyhoo, one thing I do is I start the car with ac on blower speed 4, feet and head hvac setting and I sit idling with driver side door open for almost a minute til cool air starts to come out the vents. Then I close the door and drive off. If you had remote start it will help to start the car before entry a few minutes and leaving ac on full blast when you park :nerd:

#13 ·
Yes, the price of oil is REGULATED. OPEC regulates output to keep the price in check. America has been making more as its more cost effective with the higher price and the savings of FRACKING process. Of course in the middle we got sanctions on IRAN and other countries removing supply causing the price to go up and you also have the fear factor that drives up price with possible wars possibility hurting supply making the price go up.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.