View Single Post
post #1 of Old 06-03-2009, 01:25 PM Thread Starter
robj80
Level VI Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 124 Post(s)
maintenance schedule and oil choice

which maintenance schedule are you on? After choosing tell me what oil you are running and which filter. I drive almost 3k miles a month. I can't be doing an oil change every month or so. I want to step up to the 7500 intervals. But is nissan saying do this with regular dino oil or with synthetic? My plan is to change it after 7500 and get the oil tested to see how she is doing. Just curious what you people do.

Here are the schedules if you didn't already know
Quote:
Schedule Options

Premium
Every 3,750 miles or 3 months, whichever comes first. This is a Nissan-recommended option that was developed for owners who want the ultimate in preventative maintenance. With this schedule, more maintenance items are regularly checked or replaced than with the other schedules. Premium Maintenance provides the peace of mind that comes from knowing that your Nissan has been maintained at the highest level.

Schedule 1
Every 3,750 miles or 3 months, whichever comes first. This schedule offers the same service intervals as Premium Maintenance; however, with this schedule fewer maintenance items are regularly checked or replaced.

Schedule 2
Every 7,500 miles or 6 months, whichever comes first. This schedule offers the least frequent service intervals, with even fewer maintenance items regularly checked or replaced.
My oil change was done at the dealer where they used Nissan filter and I believe they use valvaline oil.

205,125 miles when she was given away
35 mpg last tank

̶w̶a̶i̶t̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶f̶o̶r̶ ̶h̶e̶r̶ ̶t̶o̶ ̶d̶i̶e̶ ̶s̶o̶ ̶I̶ ̶c̶a̶n̶ ̶b̶u̶y̶ ̶a̶ ̶t̶r̶u̶c̶k̶,̶ ̶b̶u̶t̶ ̶s̶h̶e̶ ̶w̶o̶n̶'̶t̶ ̶d̶i̶e̶ She didn't die but I bought the truck anyway!!

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome