Nissan Versa Forums - View Single Post - Fake Denso FXE20HR11 Spark Plugs?
View Single Post
post #1 of Old 02-23-2019, 01:47 PM Thread Starter
V65
Level I Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Fake Denso FXE20HR11 Spark Plugs?

Or something else?

At 100k miles I had my son's 2011 Versa Hatchback's plugs changed out. 20k later he's getting an occasional Service Engine Soon (P0301) indication. Had a local trusted mechanic do it for me last time but this time I figured I'd tackle this myself. Between the many posts I've read here and the YouTube vids... I was ready.

First thing I noticed was how much the electrode was worn out on all 4 plugs. Never seen so much wear in such a short amount of time. Those plugs were replaced in May of 2018, 20k miles ago.

I will admit my mechanic only changed out the plugs. Not his fault. That's what I asked him to do. Coil packs were reused as were the intake manifold and throttle body gaskets. I know better now regarding the gaskets.

This time I replaced everything. New Denso coil packs, the same plugs (bought quantity 8 last year from an eBay seller with excellent feedback) and new gaskets. I even cleaned the crude off the intake manifold and the throttle body (using 90% alcohol).

Put everything back together and the car runs fine. Have yet to take it for a test drive.

After doing this job I'll admit it wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. Sure it's a PITA to have to remove so much crap to get at the plugs, but now that I've done it I won't feel so intimidated next time. And if I ever need to get to an injector, they're right there.

So, as for the previous occasional P0301 issue... thoughts?

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

2011 Nissan Versa HB 1.8S Magnetic Gray
2011 Nissan Versa HB 1.8S Expresso Black

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome