Nissan Versa Forums - View Single Post - Engine turns but won't catch...help please!
View Single Post
post #9 of Old 03-21-2019, 10:00 AM
MonoStereo

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Sorry to dig up an old thread, but my 2012 4-door hatchback Versa is having a similar issue to the one described in the initial post here. I've been researching a bunch here, & it definitely sounds like the fuel pressure regulator is the problem. It's not happening all the time - maybe once or twice a week - & the car DOES always fire up eventually ( the most it's taken so far is about 5-6 attempts ).

I'm curious about a couple things :

1. Is there a general thought about how long I can go with this issue before the car stops starting altogether? Obviously, I'm gonna get it fixed ASAP, but my schedule right now is really tight. Wondering if I have some wiggle room.

2. And this may seem like a dumb question, but I've never had this situation occur before. If it's under warranty ( sounds possible - the car's at roughly 48,000 miles ), do I HAVE to take it to the dealership for that repair? Or can the warranty-covered work be done by my local ( & much more convenient ) shop?

Thanks in advance - this forum has been a real lifesaver, info-wise.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome