Nissan Versa Forums - View Single Post - Engine turns but won't catch...help please!
View Single Post
post #10 of Old 03-21-2019, 11:35 AM
pimperell
Level V Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 93 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by MonoStereo View Post
Sorry to dig up an old thread, but my 2012 4-door hatchback Versa is having a similar issue to the one described in the initial post here. I've been researching a bunch here, & it definitely sounds like the fuel pressure regulator is the problem. It's not happening all the time - maybe once or twice a week - & the car DOES always fire up eventually ( the most it's taken so far is about 5-6 attempts ).

I'm curious about a couple things :

1. Is there a general thought about how long I can go with this issue before the car stops starting altogether? Obviously, I'm gonna get it fixed ASAP, but my schedule right now is really tight. Wondering if I have some wiggle room.

2. And this may seem like a dumb question, but I've never had this situation occur before. If it's under warranty ( sounds possible - the car's at roughly 48,000 miles ), do I HAVE to take it to the dealership for that repair? Or can the warranty-covered work be done by my local ( & much more convenient ) shop?

Thanks in advance - this forum has been a real lifesaver, info-wise.

Warranty has expired, and as far as "how long you can go before the car fails to start" is a question nobody on this forum can answer. My suggestion would be to have the car scanned for any error code, which can be done for free at most of the larger parts supplier stores. If there are no codes showing up, you next step would be to get it to a dealer or reputable repair shop to see if they can find the cause. This last thing you need is to be stranded in the middle of nowhere with a car that fails to start. Good luck!!

3 yr/36,000 mi basic, 5 yr/60,000 mi powertrain

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome