Nissan Versa Forums banner

Headlight not working.. relay or fuse?

81K views 20 replies 11 participants last post by  borislerebel 
#1 ·
I have a 2009 Versa SL, and one of my head lights is having a problem. Its weird cause the DTRL works fine and the highbeams work but the low beams do not work on only the one head light. I have already tried to change the headlight bulb and that did not fix the problem.

I have looked for fuses that could be related and i looked in both boxes (the one under the drivers side dash) and the one in under the hood on the drivers side. None of them say they are related to the headlights unless i missed something? I did see one called DTRL and there is only one there and it is NOT blown.

Also i did find a small box on passenger side under the hood that contains two relays. a black one with 6pins and a blue one with 4 pins.. would these be the headlight relays?

Also does anyone have any other suggestions on what to look for or test for this?

Thanks

#2 · (Edited)
It's prolly a fuse.

#3 ·
yes, they are controlled by relays. the Body Control Module tells the relay to turn on when you turn the switch on.

If it's is just one light, it is the fuse. There is a hidden spot of relays and fuses in the engine bay. On the driver's side of the engine there is a bundle of wires going into a white box with a black cover. It's on the back of the white box.

Try this...

#4 · (Edited)
Hey there. I know this one has been posted last year but my issue today has something to do with this. I hope it is ok to post this one. Hope you all understand. Just got a versa 08 through a dealer's certified program with only 34k miles for under 15k. Just wondering when replacing the headlight bulb myself and use sylvania silverstars, Do i need to remove the bumper in order to pry out the headlight assembly or can I just remove the 2 10mm bolts to pry out the assemblies so that I can just reach in and replace the bulbs??

#19 ·
Hey there. I know this one has been posted last year but my issue today has something to do with this. I hope it is ok to post this one. Hope you all understand. Just got a versa 08 through a dealer's certified program with only 34k miles for under 15k. Just wondering when replacing the headlight bulb myself and use sylvania silverstars, Do i need to remove the bumper in order to pry out the headlight assembly or can I just remove the 2 10mm bolts to pry out the assemblies so that I can just reach in and replace the bulbs??
Just in case you are interested i have a buddy that offers his service near your place...He also offers some useful parts for your versa...anyway i haven't heard of siverstars you're talkin bout but guess isn't a great brand to me....

#5 ·
I was able to change mine using a small mirror. unplug the wire, undo the metal clip, pull the rubber grommet off, then bulb should practically fall off. To replace, do opposite. Just make sure to not get any oils from fingers on the bulb itself.

#9 ·
I haven't had any issues with my lights, but I will wait to see if I get the letter.

My Versa is registered with Nissan Canada. I received my ABS recall letter from them last summer so I know she is registered (she should be since I"m still making payments to them, lol).

Thanks for the help and info :)

#13 ·
yah same here.

I have an 08 as well any recalls or anything I should know about?
but then again the last time i went in for a problem i ended up paying cause i had mods that they said caused my problem (my o2 sensor)

#15 ·
The only letters that i've gotten have been service letters, asking me to come in and get my v serviced. thats about it really, wonder if mine has any problems that need to be addressed

#17 ·
lucky! lol i wish i had a cvt :p

#20 ·
I had the same problem on my sentra, it was the fuse in the intellgent power computer box. Heres where to look.....

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.