Nissan Versa Forums banner

Power lock keyless entry fob?

22K views 18 replies 5 participants last post by  robj80 
#1 ·
Hi everyone , just bought a base 2011 1.8s which come with power door lock but no keyfob . Do some know if i can install or program a oem keyless fob to work with the car ?

Thanks
versa2011

#2 ·
So I see Nissan has now made power locks and windows standard on the 1.8 model.... interesting. If we wanted those we had to buy the power package, which included the keyless fob. Well I can tell you where the keyless box is located. Take out the glove department, and when you look to your left, you should see a black box. If not, you are not wired for keyless entry. If you have the black box, all you need to do is purchase a remote, and I know programing instructions that will get it programed. It looks like cruise control is also something to look into, if you get the buttons. The versa has been prewired for alot of things, and I would not doubt if it is prewired for keyless and cruise. Check on this first, and get back to me.

#5 ·
I would contact nissan and give them your vin number to see which fob will work. I know on another nissan I had they used different fobs depending on the build date. Though they looked the same only certain ones worked.

#6 ·
Now the box is not behind the glove box. The one behind the glove box is the BCM. The one I'm talking about is on the left, and it's small. It is on one of the brackets. Hope this helps. I would do what rob said too.

#7 ·
Hey guys,

So I went ahead and and opened the glove box to find this:

I know that the CalsonicKansei box is supposedly the "BCM." Is this correct?

I took out the small black box attached to the bracket on the left side of the picture:

This is the information from that box:

(White sticker on one side)
28595 EL00A

(Engraved on one side)
>PP<
(Engraved on one side)
>PA<

(Engraved on one side)
FCC notice. can receive interference but cannot cause it etc..

(Engraved on one side)
NISSAN Infiniti
FCC ID: CWTWC1U241
IC: 1788D-FWC1U241
P/N: TWC1U241
ALPS
MADE IN MEXICO
CCAB06LP1410T1

I tried these instructions that I found online, but I did not notice any hazard lights flashing at step 2.

1. Close and lock all doors with the driver’s side power lock/unlock switch.

2. Insert key into ignition and remove it from the ignition key cylinder at least six times within 10 seconds. Your Hazard Lamps will flash if you have performed this step successfully. NOTE: Withdraw key completely from ignition cylinder each time. If this procedure is performed too fast, system will not enter programming mode.

3. Insert key into the ignition cylinder and turn to the ACC position.

4. Within 5 seconds, push ANY button on the remote transmitter. Your Hazard Lamps should flash. NOTE: Do not press the button more than one time in the above step. If the button is pressed more than one time, the programming procedure will not be successful.

5. If there are any remaining transmitters (including the old ones), unlock then lock all doors using the driver’s side power lock/unlock switch and within 5 seconds, push ANY button on the next remote. Your Hazard Lamps should flash. Repeat this step for each transmitter (including any existing transmitters).

6. Turn the key to the OFF position, remove keys from the ignition, unlock doors using the driver’s side power lock/unlock switch and open the driver side door.

I haven't bought the keyless remotes to try any of the steps after, because I figured I should get the hazard lights to flash to ensure I have the right box first.

Any thoughts? Thanks a lot!

#8 ·
That part number comes back as Nissan controller keyless entry. That and the fact it has an FCC number tell me it's the right box for a remote FOB.

#9 · (Edited)
Yes that is the keyless computer module. The space above it is used for the intelligent key. It looks like you are all set for keyless.

Next project: Buy cruise control buttons (any from 07-11, I recommend 09-11 for illumination), and plug that bad boy in and see if you have cruise. Im willing to bet you do. I added audio button controls to my S, and they worked perfect. That may be a better idea. Replace the steering wheel with the SL leather wrap with audio and cruise buttons. I have how to: on these projects, very, very easy to do, trust me!!! It is worth it!

Remote programing
http://www.nissanversaforums.com/how-tos/2621-remote-key-fob-programming-non-smart-key.html

Steering wheel replacement, and audio wiring
http://www.nissanversaforums.com/how-tos/2679-how-remove-steering-wheel.html
http://www.nissanversaforums.com/how-tos/2813-how-wire-steering-wheel-audio-buttons.html
http://www.nissanversaforums.com/how-tos/2684-how-remove-radio-trim-radio.html

#10 · (Edited)
Thanks for the input robj80 and Versa S 2009!

Versa S 2009, I checked out your instructions, but I cannot get the hazard lights to flash after inputting and removing the ignition 6 or more times within 10 seconds. Do you have any tips or tricks to getting it just right, or is it something to just keep trying until I finally get it?

I want to hold off on buying the actual remotes until I can get past this step. Also, I am pretty sure the steps you supplied are correct, because they are written the same in the Versa 2011 Service/Repair manual:

http://www.nicoclub.com/FSM/versa/2011/BL.pdf

(Page BL-84)

I am starting to think that maybe entering this mode is locked on the 1.8S model, and can only be unlocked by the "CONSULT III" device mentioned in the service manual? Has anyone else with a 1.8S had success with this method of adding a new remote?

Finally, which remotes do you all think are best to buy? Will these work just fine:

Fob 1

or

Fob 2

I just worry a little about those since the FCC ID is slightly different: CWTWB1U415 or CWTWB1U733. I know that the complete ID will be different because they are different devices, but I was thinking at least the "CWTWC1U" portion would be the same.

Thanks for all the help guys!!

#11 ·
You might be on to something about the "CONSULT III". Mine had the keyless fobs, and when I did it 2 or 3 times, it worked perfect. I was trying to install an 06 sentra 4 button remote. It had the same cwt thing, but the last 4 digits were different, and of course it didnt work. You closed all doors, and proceeded with the lock button on the drivers side? Have you tried to space them out just a tad when putting the key in and out. Like put it in, then wait a sec, do it again? Have you tried to just keep doing it till the lights flash? If none of these work, it may have to be unlocked.

As far as the remotes, call the dealer and tell them you lost your remote and need a new one, so you need to know the FCC ID:. I wish I still had my Versa to help you out, sorry....

#12 ·
I tried entering the remote programming mode a few more times. Even got a friend to try it out, and watched some youtube videos to make sure I was doing it correctly. No luck.

I ended up calling the local Nissan dealership and got quoted an egregious $450 to have it installed. I guess I will be living without keyless entry for the mean time haha.

Thanks for all the help though guys!

#13 ·
WHAT????? $450?? What ever..... I still don't believe that. Somebody will find out what it is that makes it different.

#15 ·
They should be there. It's wired up in the clock spring. Mine had cruise, but I wanted audio controls, and I got that to work. I just added 3 wires to the empty holes in the clockpring. I have a how too on installing the audio buttons, that will give you an idea where everything is. Since keyless can't be done, im not too sure cruise will either. It may light up in the cluster, but who would know if the parts are really there.......

#17 ·
You get an aftermarket steering wheel module, and it lets you still use the buttons on the steering wheel. That's what I did.

#19 ·
Was it hard to instal?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.