Nissan Versa Forums banner

NOS

7K views 23 replies 8 participants last post by  Cobb 
#1 · (Edited)
Don't know if a thread was opened before but do you know of anyone or have you ever installed a NOS in a Versa?
And i'm not talking of these stupid videos on the web where you see the bottle strapped in the car with tie-rap.
Know this is possibly not the best way to make hp, but i could get a kit for nothing... (new kit), and would try it after warranty is over....
And please nothing with the " I heard of.. or someone told me that..."

thanks!

#3 ·
if you have a new engine sitting around, sure. lol. It could handle it, in a small dose. If CVT i wouldnt dream of it, bye bye tranny. Dont go overkill and itll be fine. I mean a quick 40 shot here and there. But much more and death to engine will occur i bet

#4 ·
Yeah that's what i meant, quick shots, not holding it...

#7 ·
I have never seen a 1.8 rod. But there is some pics of the mr20 rods out there online. The 2.0 can handle some boost it would seem out of the box, so nos could be done as well. The 1.8 rods are different, but i assume of similar construction. Now a turbo 2.0 will be my goal. Or SC. Im leaning SC

#10 ·
hmm, ok i was going off versaspeed. he did the internal swap for his 2.0 and said he only had to replace the crank and pistons....owell we all learn something new everyday haha

#12 ·
that was my main question was if the cams and head were different cause if they were i was gonna swap them out when i do my turbo or even with my fuel tune

#14 ·
very nice. i want to the 2.0 swap with the turbo but well see how it goes, from what i hear it is cheaper for just a whole engine but if i can just swap the bottom end i dont think it should be that much

#16 ·
off topic much? anyhoo, you could prolly do small shots, if you have cvt installing a tranny cooler will help with the additional heat. according to speed force racing, its not torque or hp that makes the cvt go boom, its heat. hence why the sentra se-r has an additional tranny cooler.

#17 ·
Do have the 4 speed , not the CVT...

#19 ·
1.8 with the 4 speed trans, i got the NOS kit, cost me nothing except labour (did couple of audio install for a friend...), i'll possibly keep everything in the box 'til i get an engine/trans that can handle this (another car?).
Kit is a ZEX 82030, adjustable 50-200hp.
I'll do the MR20 swap before this....
Thanks for the advice!

#23 ·
There is a member that already has a bottle in the hatch. Looks good in the car. I wouldn't run it without a built engine though, and proper tuning to get the mix right.

#24 ·
Did you do it? If not why and is whats left of the kit for sale?

Is this you?

Id like to do a 25 shot for the Civic to the air cleaner for a slight bump for merging into traffic like on hot as hell days and going 0-75.

Thanks for getting back to us.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.