This is my first post as I just joined the forums a few days ago. I just got a 2008 white versa SL hatchback with 105K kms. I really like the CVT and would like the car to last. The wife loves it so much so I think I'm losing the car to her in a few days time.
Anyway, I'm looking at the CVT maintenance and it seems like there's no solid answer. So here are my questions:
1. What should the original color of the fluid be? Red, pinkish or Green (almost clear). I almost %^*@ in my pants after seeing the fluid coz mine's pinkish. I thought the previous owner sent it in for quickie lubes and the guys topped it off with ATF. Hence I'm going to change it anyways...
2. Does the green fluid change to red as it oxidizes with time and usage?
3. I'm pretty set on getting the NS2 as the service manual recommends so I'm not considering other el-cheapo fluids. I am getting mine from Amazon.com
4. There's no set interval to change the fluid other than 48K kms as stated in the manual if you tow or have a roof box. Since I'm the 2nd owner, I think changing it out is good. Manual only says "inspect" but does not provide a reference on when to change it out depending on color.
5. The service manual indicates that after changing the fluid, you need to use the Nissan Consult-III to reset the CVT oil life. I believe it's set at 210K kms as the limit. I don't know how long I plan to keep the car but 100K kms until the light comes onto me is not a big worry. Everyone talks of the Consult-III to be a proprietary software with Nissan and I'm reluctant to send it in for a $200 reset. I don't have a generic OBD2 scanner yet. Any inputs on which one specifically can do this?
Thanks in advance.