Nissan Versa keychains or emblems [Archive] - Nissan Versa Forums

Nissan Versa keychains or emblems

robj80
03-05-2010, 04:02 PM
Curious if anyone would be interested in etched and paint filled emblems or keychains for the Versa. I have the ability to make such products.

They would be made out of stainless steel and etched and paint filled one color. Here is an example :

http://www.sr20forum.com/gallery/data/1331/IMGP3674.JPG

This was made for another company and not my design. He did a great job designing it and I feel we (my company) did excellent work producing them. You can't tell from the pic but this is tiny. About half inch tall overall. We are not limited to just text either.

Let me know what you think and what you would like the emblem or key chain to look like.

robj80
03-09-2010, 02:04 PM
Ha! :) I guess not.

Well if there is anything you guys would like to see made let me know. I have access to vinyl, laser, metal fabrication, waterjet cutting.

Mogh
03-09-2010, 03:32 PM
I don't know how I missed this thread? I wouldn't mind something in a Versa keychain. Don't know what so don't ask, but I think it would be neat.

iluvmyVersa08
03-09-2010, 03:37 PM
Any way to post pics of what one might look like?

robj80
03-09-2010, 05:03 PM
Any way to post pics of what one might look like?

We need to design one :). Open for ideas so lets see what you people can come up with.

Can stay simple and just do the word VERSA in the nissan font. But that is really plain.

Hschlick84
03-09-2010, 08:40 PM
They look sick bro! I might buy one from you

Devilzblood
03-22-2010, 08:03 PM
i guess this idea just died or faded away? i would love one too but a visual would help on how it would look :)

robj80
03-22-2010, 08:06 PM
I wasn't going to design it just make it. Seems like I would have to do both. To get one made is costly that is why I was hoping we can get a design we all like.

Hschlick84
03-22-2010, 10:05 PM
have some pics ready when they're complete

stillhere153
03-22-2010, 10:48 PM
How about using the nissanversaforums.com logo... I'm in for that

MissNic
03-23-2010, 03:17 AM
How about using the nissanversaforums.com logo... I'm in for that

i 2nd that!

robj80
03-23-2010, 12:48 PM
While that is a good idea I think it needs to be more general and about the Versa and not a particular forum. These are not cheap to make and I can't limit anyone if I even hope to break even on this.

stillhere153
03-23-2010, 02:57 PM
gotcha...

that first pic was kinda cool, it was more like engine specs... since there are only 2 versa engines... how about 2 badges 1 with each engine

vehicle specs: curb weight, hp and torque, fuel tank size, passenger limit, factory tire pressure....

that way it is also useful :)

Hschlick84
05-18-2010, 01:16 AM
Rob, are you still manufacturing these? What is the cost and how long are they expected to last?

robj80
05-18-2010, 02:02 AM
Rob, are you still manufacturing these? What is the cost and how long are they expected to last?

it depends on the design as far as price goes. I would expect a $15-$20 price tag shipped to your door if I can get a 20 piece run.

These are very high quality. I bet they last longer then our versa's :). Really though these are chemically etched, then paint filled with high quality paint. They will be warrantied for one year too.

Klrversa
05-18-2010, 03:04 AM
I think one like the Scion xB keychain would be cool. Its plain and simple, but still pretty cool. Here's an example of one: http://www.optomizescion.com/ImageHandler.ashx?i=10319

I like it...anything simple like that would be a nice addition to the keyring :)

Hschlick84
09-29-2010, 12:25 AM
Rob, you should consider making a couple and see if people buy it. I know there are members who will!

Versa S 2009
09-29-2010, 01:49 PM
Go on paint and make one you think will work. Heres mine.

robj80
09-29-2010, 02:09 PM
If you come up with designs, I will price and produce. The person who comes up with the final design of course will get one free :).

Keep in mind though as a key chain it needs to be small. The more colors on it the more expensive it is. Also the crazier outside shape the more expensive. Also not doing any cutouts on the keychain. This will drive the price sky high. It will be solid shape with etched and paint filled text and graphics.

GTversaman
09-29-2010, 02:34 PM
something like this the nissan need to be etched out and left like see through would be very easy to make 2 the one above resembles my nissan charm i have on mirror i got from advance auto.

Klrversa
09-30-2010, 03:14 AM
Simple, yet unique and would be cheaper to do only two colors (black/any color and background) while being broad enough to be for ALL Versa owners. Just a thought...I would buy it. Would any of you care for this design?

Or perhaps just VERSA across the middle instead of Nissan because the shape of the emblem implies that it is a Nissan...let me know what you guys think. :D

JoshG
09-30-2010, 03:28 AM
How about 1.6 emblems for those of us with base models? :46:

VERSA 1.6

Hschlick84
09-30-2010, 04:29 AM
keep it simple etched in stainless steel (base, S, SL) after Nissan Versa

westmex
09-30-2010, 09:04 AM
is this too simple?

depending how it gets cut, the key ring could attach through the circle of the emblem itself

Versa S 2009
09-30-2010, 01:14 PM

robj80
09-30-2010, 01:41 PM
something like this the nissan need to be etched out and left like see through would be very easy to make 2 the one above resembles my nissan charm i have on mirror i got from advance auto.

The outside edge here in the shape of a V will increase the price but is doable.

Simple, yet unique and would be cheaper to do only two colors (black/any color and background) while being broad enough to be for ALL Versa owners. Just a thought...I would buy it. Would any of you care for this design?

Or perhaps just VERSA across the middle instead of Nissan because the shape of the emblem implies that it is a Nissan...let me know what you guys think. :D

The shape of this will cause a much higher price due to the inside cutouts. Plus it seems to be beveled which I will not be doing. These will be flat cut.

How about 1.6 emblems for those of us with base models? :46:

VERSA 1.6

I can make 1.6 emblems but there isn't many of us out there so trying to get it more unified. I did see nice numbers and letters at autozone that will work for adding 1.6 to your car. Similar to what Ashley did with "hello kitty".

keep it simple etched in stainless steel (base, S, SL) after Nissan Versa

Needs to be more uniformed. The cost to produce one with an S then one with SL and one base would be astronomical. Think of it this way. It might cost me $100 to make the first one and maybe only a few dollars to do repeats of the same thing. Now if you change one think like adding an S then again it's $100 for the first one all over. Numbers were demonstration purpose only and not actual cost, which I don't know what it will be until design is approved.

is this too simple?

depending how it gets cut, the key ring could attach through the circle of the emblem itself

Again the inside cutouts will drive the price too high. Plus really it would be kinda flimsy at the sizes were going to make them. That stroke may be less then an 1/8". We are cutting these out of 18guage stainless which is about 1/16" thick.

Simple is good. I do feel it needs more but now your thinking. The idea here is modern and clean. Simple is the thing these days in design if you ask me.

All great idea's people, lets keep them coming!

JoshG
09-30-2010, 01:56 PM
I can make 1.6 emblems but there isn't many of us out there so trying to get it more unified. I did see nice numbers and letters at autozone that will work for adding 1.6 to your car. Similar to what Ashley did with "hello kitty".

Cool, I'll look into it, thanks. :46:

Klrversa
09-30-2010, 02:57 PM
Oh, with the shape of the Nissan emblem I meant to just have that painted/etched on the square keychain itself...like the picture you had. You shouldn't have to cut out the sides of it, I think if it is small and supposed to be simple, just the Nissan shape with the versa in the middle would be cool (saves money too)

Like this but with the word VERSA in the middle, not NISSAN. Make sense to anyone?

robj80
09-30-2010, 03:09 PM
https://www.nissanversaforums.com/picture.php?albumid=6&pictureid=475

This seems to be what people are interested in. This took two seconds and wouldn't be final. I would make the nissan hamburger shape the correct size to mimic an actaul emblem and then use the actual nissan VERSA font for the word VERSA. So it would look just like the letters on the back of your car. Plus I want to round the outside corners of the keychain.

All the black you see will be high gloss black painted and the silver you see will be raised up tiny bit and actual metal that you see. Can be polished or brushed. Just note that polished will eventually scratch especially going in and out of your pocket. Put would look really nice.

GTversaman
09-30-2010, 03:09 PM
Oh, with the shape of the Nissan emblem I meant to just have that painted/etched on the square keychain itself...like the picture you had. You shouldn't have to cut out the sides of it, I think if it is small and supposed to be simple, just the Nissan shape with the versa in the middle would be cool (saves money too)

Like this but with the word VERSA in the middle, not NISSAN. Make sense to anyone?

they already make a keyring that looks exactly like this i have one handing on my mirror here u got http://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/5012907675/

westmex
09-30-2010, 03:12 PM
makes sense to me! ;)

I agree to keep it squared

robj80
09-30-2010, 03:40 PM
Throw out some ideas for overall size too please. That is a big factor in pricing! I can tell you right now were going to need to make at least 20 to make this feasible.

Hschlick84
09-30-2010, 04:03 PM
2" x 4" would be a feasable size

cody_kirk
09-30-2010, 04:16 PM
makes sense to me! ;)

I agree to keep it squared

i wanttttt one!

robj80
09-30-2010, 08:55 PM
2x4 is too large for my pockets. About half that size seems good for a keychain. I think we need to keep the forum logo off of it because honestly I don't see us getting enough people just on this forum to buy these. Were going to need other versa owners to get on board. The more I make the cheaper they are and no one is going to want to spend $25-30 on a keychain. Trying to keep costs down.

frenchy chan
09-30-2010, 09:16 PM
https://www.nissanversaforums.com/picture.php?albumid=6&pictureid=475

This seems to be what people are interested in. This took two seconds and wouldn't be final. I would make the nissan hamburger shape the correct size to mimic an actaul emblem and then use the actual nissan VERSA font for the word VERSA. So it would look just like the letters on the back of your car. Plus I want to round the outside corners of the keychain.

All the black you see will be high gloss black painted and the silver you see will be raised up tiny bit and actual metal that you see. Can be polished or brushed. Just note that polished will eventually scratch especially going in and out of your pocket. Put would look really nice.

i'd buy one if it looked like that

Klrversa
09-30-2010, 11:11 PM
i'd buy one if it looked like that

I agree, I like that design best! And it seems to be the cheapest way to go. And as far as size...I think 2X4 is rather large...I'd like it around 1" X 2" cause I don't like gaudy, clanky keys. I have so many as it is lol

If you can make these at a profit and with little hassle, I will definitely get one!:thumbsup:

westmex
10-01-2010, 01:36 AM
1.25" square i think would be best. the emblem is not that long to begin with.

...OR to change it up a little more... any ideas for the center?

robj80
10-01-2010, 01:20 PM
1.25" square i think would be best. the emblem is not that long to begin with.

...OR to change it up a little more... any ideas for the center?

This I'm liking. Especially since you used the nissan font on the sides :).

OK quick pricing is telling me that 1" x 2" with etching and one color paint fill will cost approx $20 shipped to your door. That is in a batch of 25. It may be less but it definitely won't be more.

Klrversa
10-01-2010, 03:01 PM
This I'm liking. Especially since you used the nissan font on the sides :).

OK quick pricing is telling me that 1" x 2" with etching and one color paint fill will cost approx $20 shipped to your door. That is in a batch of 25. It may be less but it definitely won't be more.

Sounds cool! Let us know when we can get one! :thumb2:

westmex
10-03-2010, 09:23 AM
I got bored and reworked my idea... after measuring, I think 1.75" square is just right. This design may be a little busy, but like I said, just bored :crazy:

Maybe the hole would work better in the center, idk

frenchy chan
10-03-2010, 01:33 PM
I got bored and reworked my idea... after measuring, I think 1.75" square is just right. This design may be a little busy, but like I said, just bored :crazy:

Maybe the hole would work better in the center, idk

too busy...maybe just lose the nissans on the top and bottom

Klrversa
10-03-2010, 03:50 PM
I like your design, I just think with the NISSANs on all of the sides is too busy and would cost more just to fill in. I'm fine with the VERSA across the middle and that's it. But if everyone will agree on one style, I think we'll be in business. Great job though!

frenchy chan
10-03-2010, 04:25 PM
nice and simple

westmex
10-03-2010, 07:39 PM
I would like to see NISSAN somewhere subtle on it, but I don't think that I will look as slick. It's probably better without. I also thought it would be nice if we could have them the same color as our car, I know that wont work though. Works well for my black versa ;)

How are these dimensions?

frenchy chan
10-03-2010, 08:07 PM
something like this?

westmex
10-03-2010, 09:35 PM
almost looks like a parental advisory

Klrversa
10-03-2010, 10:30 PM
I would like to see NISSAN somewhere subtle on it, but I don't think that I will look as slick. It's probably better without. I also thought it would be nice if we could have them the same color as our car, I know that wont work though. Works well for my black versa ;)

How are these dimensions?

I would love to be able to get one in pink for my black/pink car but I know he wanted to keep them uniform to keep costs low but I think this is perfect.:iagree:

Nitroman15
10-04-2010, 02:45 AM
Here are two quick designs that I had. The size is 1"x3".

frenchy chan
10-04-2010, 03:21 AM
i like the first one :)

Klrversa
10-04-2010, 04:22 AM
I like the second one! I kind of like it longer but it's not a deal breaker for me, square or rectangle is cool by me

westmex
10-04-2010, 06:46 AM
I like the second one too. I would like to see the emblem say VERSA instead. I just think it would look cooler and call more attention

Klrversa
10-04-2010, 03:05 PM
I like the second one too. I would like to see the emblem say VERSA instead. I just think it would look cooler and call more attention

I agree, I just like it better because anyone who owns a NISSAN can have/buy a Nissan keychain, I'd rather have the VERSA on there for our specific model by Nissan. Just makes more sense for Versa owners

Nitroman15
10-04-2010, 11:40 PM
Here are a few more. Size is 1" by 1 3/4".

westmex
10-04-2010, 11:58 PM
I like the second one. Looks like my last attempt, just rotated.

Nitroman15
10-05-2010, 12:33 AM
Yeah I am just throwing out different ideas. I dont really care for it, but that is just me. Someone made a Titan emblem like it. http://www.courtesyparts.com/images/kbtest/graphics/00000001/titan/titan_emblem/rear_crop_275.jpg

westmex
10-05-2010, 01:40 AM
I like that, I've been trying to think of how to do it and make it look good

robj80
10-05-2010, 01:08 PM
these will be etched and paint filled. There will be no prismatics. I don't know if you guys know what I'm talking about. But basically the logo will not and can not look exactly like this
https://www.nissanversaforums.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=321&stc=1&thumb=1&d=1286235617

Due to the fact that I don't think the logo will come out the way people think, my vote is for something like this.
https://www.nissanversaforums.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=316&d=1286160273

I want the versa font used for Versa and the nissan font for nissan. Basically like the decals.

westmex
10-05-2010, 02:42 PM
i understood that. thats why I kept a flat image. This one has two colors: only black and grey. I'm sure we all started out with something either raw or cut-and-paste. Are you wanting a finished file for you to use, or are you just getting the concept from us?

robj80
10-05-2010, 03:15 PM
Concept unless someone feels they are confident enough to give me a finished file in either a .fs or .eps file.

Nitroman15
10-05-2010, 10:37 PM
https://www.nissanversaforums.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=316&d=1286160273

I want the versa font used for Versa and the nissan font for nissan. Basically like the decals.

I might be able to get you a .eps file. Just need to find a good picture of the versa logo. It would be nice if i could find one in a .eps file. I already have the Nissan logo.

westmex
10-06-2010, 02:33 AM
I could with photoshop, but I am unfamiliar with the save-attributes that go with .eps, or if there are any resolution constraints.

robj80
10-06-2010, 05:44 PM
After looking at that layout and printing full size images I feel that 2"x1" is the ideal size for this keychain. I'm going to get pricing for this size. This is just about the size of a military dogtag. Anything larger may be too bulky IMHO. What we put on it won't affect the price unless we do multiple colors which I don't really want to do.

Klrversa
10-06-2010, 06:26 PM
After looking at that layout and printing full size images I feel that 2"x1" is the ideal size for this keychain. I'm going to get pricing for this size. This is just about the size of a military dogtag. Anything larger may be too bulky IMHO. What we put on it won't affect the price unless we do multiple colors which I don't really want to do.

I think some people were asking about the possibility of getting only one color, but perhaps in their body color/color of their choice as opposed to just black. Is that possible? Does it change the price for you?

For example, if you were to pick a different color than black, would you have to pay more for a single color such as blue on silver per keychain, or would it go along with the one color, one set price depending on how many you made? (Say 5 in black, 5 in blue, 3 in red, and 2 in pink?) Hypothetically that is.

The black single color vs. the blue single color = the same price?

Sorry if this is confusing. :/

robj80
10-06-2010, 06:36 PM
Yes I understand and yes I can do different colors. But only one color per item. So if I make 25 of them I can make 5 green, 5 blue, 5 red, 5 pink and 5 whatever. The price will not be affected. We're still looking about $20 shipped.

Hschlick84
10-06-2010, 06:37 PM
Id like to see somebody sportin a bunch of them in diff colors around their neck, dog tags FTW!!

http://innthebasement.com/wp-content/uploads/ti3.jpg

robj80
10-07-2010, 01:08 PM
Ok well I got the pricing in and . . . . .drumroll . . . . . .$20 shipped! We already knew that.

So lets get a final design going! I need 10 people to pay before they get produced. As always I take paypal with all fee's included. I don't bother with the add3% crap or whatever it is.

If we can get 20 to commit and prepay I can get a couple more bucks off. Probably get them to you for $18.

Klrversa
10-07-2010, 03:06 PM
Ok well I got the pricing in and . . . . .drumroll . . . . . .$20 shipped! We already knew that.

So lets get a final design going! I need 10 people to pay before they get produced. As always I take paypal with all fee's included. I don't bother with the add3% crap or whatever it is.

If we can get 20 to commit and prepay I can get a couple more bucks off. Probably get them to you for $18.

Nice! Very cool

Nitroman15
10-09-2010, 01:30 AM
Here is one versa logo that I was able to come up with using other nissan logos.

robj80
I have a .eps file with just the nissan and versa logos. PM me your email address and I will send it to you.

westmex
10-09-2010, 02:36 AM
Lets pull the images together and start a poll so we can get an accurate idea of what people want.

eeghost
10-25-2010, 03:06 AM
I am interested in this.

I already know it will be 2 by 1 inches, but how thick will it be?

Any idea?

robj80
10-25-2010, 01:19 PM
they are 18 gauge stainless steel. It's about 1/16" thick and being stainless is pretty sturdy. Not something you will be able to bend with your hand.