Tester needed! Seat brackets for the Nissan Versa. [Archive] - Nissan Versa Forums

Tester needed! Seat brackets for the Nissan Versa.

dortiz29
09-20-2012, 12:02 AM
I emailed the company Wedge Engineering, they make custom seat brackets for vehicles. They said they could design a bracket for Versas if someone would be willing to let them design it on their car. They are located in Long Beach, California. If we had seat brackets made we could actually put aftermarket seats in our car! Which would be great, because the seats in our Versas are very uncomfortable.

So if anyone wants to volunteer that would be great!

athikerguy4life
09-20-2012, 12:18 AM
I really hope someone gets on this... I want seats and a harness bar!!

freddddddy
09-20-2012, 12:45 AM
Can't you just use a universal seat bracket?

dortiz29
09-20-2012, 03:32 AM
Can't you just use a universal seat bracket?

have you found any universal brackets?
If so please provide me with a link! I don't think they would fit.

freddddddy
09-20-2012, 04:47 AM
07-up Nissan Versa Seat Bracket at Andy's Auto Sport (http://www.andysautosport.com/nissan/2007_9999_versa/interior/seats/seat_bracket/)

I believe that's it.

frenchy chan
09-20-2012, 12:10 PM
when you change seats, doesn't that mess with the air bag sensors and make them no longer work? If you plan on caging your car and using a 5 point harness, that's fine, but if you are just changing the seats and nothing else, I'd be wary of doing this.

just read up on it before attempting :)

dortiz29
09-20-2012, 02:29 PM
I don't think any of those will work :(
They're are no actual brackets in any of those options, I have checked before and I did just now again.

And I will read up on that! But I did intend to use an actual harness with the seat. And does it just mess with the side air bags or all of them?

athikerguy4life
09-20-2012, 09:22 PM
I believe its the front airbags that would be affected since those are the ones that have sensors plugged into the seats.

ANd those brackets would work, but not if you want to use sliders or be able to recline. Also, they just bolt through the floor. Not the best method IMO

athikerguy4life
09-20-2012, 09:24 PM
correction, some of the universal type have sliders, but you're still just bolting it into the floor pan, which doesn't have all that much structural strength. Its not meant to anchor a seat during an impact.

dortiz29
09-20-2012, 10:11 PM
How are the stock seats bolted on then?
Like what would be the difference between having the custom bracket made or just using a universal bracket?

athikerguy4life
09-21-2012, 02:29 AM
they bolt into mounting points that were designed to take the stress of an impact. Generally there is more bracing and thicker steel used in these areas.

dortiz29
09-21-2012, 05:32 AM
they bolt into mounting points that were designed to take the stress of an impact. Generally there is more bracing and thicker steel used in these areas.

Oh okay. Well I will definitely take a strong but uncomfortable stock seat over a weak racing seat. Hopefully some brackets will get made! I don't care too much for the air bag issue, but the strength of the seat is much different lol

athikerguy4life
09-21-2012, 12:15 PM
I emailed bob @ versaspeed this morning to see if he or someone he knows can make it down to wedge. I'm not sure where in cali he's based, but if he doesn't wanna make the trip, I believe theres a so-cal versa club and he might be able to convince one of them to go down.

athikerguy4life
09-21-2012, 03:08 PM
Bob says he will look into it after the weekend :D

dortiz29
09-23-2012, 04:06 AM
Bob says he will look into it after the weekend :D

That's awesome! I hope something works out.

athikerguy4life
09-24-2012, 11:46 PM
Just got an update from Bob!

"Okay, got in touch with Wedge and they will contact me with a time etc. possibly tomorrow....right now there slammed because of SEMA so they said it might take six to eight weeks for this to happen but at least it's in the works now."

Ask, and you shall receive! :D

freddddddy
09-25-2012, 02:28 AM
Yess! This is awesome. More and more parts available for the Versa !

athikerguy4life
09-25-2012, 11:15 AM
Yess! This is awesome. More and more parts available for the Versa !

I figured with all the stuff the Yaris guys have, we should be able to convince some companies to make more parts for us! I've always said that once Bob finishes the SC and puts it on the market, they'll be stuff coming up everywhere. We just need to show the aftermarket parts community that we want the parts!

freddddddy
09-25-2012, 07:02 PM
Well said. Why do all the other cars get to have all the fun? Come ooooon Versa!

athikerguy4life
11-01-2012, 01:03 PM
Bob says after this week he will be getting on it again, SEMA means that all the aftermarket companies are totally booked up.