have you had any engine failures or issues - post here! - Page 3 - Nissan Versa Forums
Engine Forum Discuss about engine mods, swaps, exhaust, ECU tuning & forced induction here

User Tag List

 6Likes
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #21 of 151 Old 05-16-2012, 07:10 AM
New Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Windhoek, Namibia
Posts: 7
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
dear all,
i recently bough a Nissan Tiida Latio; Imported from Japan. MR18DE Engine with CVT gearbox. kept driving for almost a week as was trying to finish the paper work here in Namibia. There was a small dent on the fender due to off loading. i fixed it at a local panel beater and collected the car. i observed that some areas need to be polished so the panel beater shop said i must leave next morning and get during lunch. when i went to collect the car during luch, the guy drove the car out for me and gave me the key. i stated and put the car in reverse. suddenly the car died and wont start lthough will crank. i left the car there. they disconnected the terminals and reconnected when i went after work. it started, i drove almost 5 KMs and was close to my place when the car died again and never started. i towed the car to a mechanic who is good in japanese imports. he said, it was starter motor, replaced, no change. he replaced crank shaft sensor, no change. now he ays it is computer box. i am very worried, can some body help?
niazqamar is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #22 of 151 Old 05-17-2012, 05:13 AM
Level IV Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 223
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
I have oil seeping into the middle spark plugs. one is very minute but the other had at least 2 ozs of oil it when i did the plugs. cause. nissans m ade a 2 peice head and used a liquid gasket in between em and mine has rotted away
bigdaddychia is offline  
post #23 of 151 Old 05-17-2012, 04:08 PM
Level IV Member
 
*Ziggy*Stardust*'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Tooele, UT
Posts: 208
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Garage
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via Yahoo to *Ziggy*Stardust*
I haven't had any issues (she's still new 3k+ on her). But I am curious...
Those of you who are having issues, did you do any mods under the hood?
Maybe with this thread we could list the mods that were done along with the list Frenchy chan stated.

* Bowie *
2012 Nissan Versa Hatchback 1.8 S Auto

Changes: red Tiida A/C heat control knobs, Corduroy cargo cover {done by: Me}.
Corduroy front seat covers, custom design {done by: Me}

*Ziggy*Stardust* is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #24 of 151 Old 05-17-2012, 08:51 PM
Level IV Member
 
V_for_Versetta's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Virginia
Posts: 238
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
2009 Versa S MR18

Late 2011, I kept getting the check engine light with P1421 - Cold start ignition control.
No one could give me a clear answer as to what exactly this was as my car still acted perfectly normal. Took it to Nissan and they kept it for a day and gave me a Sentra to drive in the meantime while they fixed it. It was covered by my warranty though and the tech said it was "basically a sensor problem"

/shrug

2009 Versa S Hatchback "V"
Mods:Tint50F/35R, Red Pinstripe, Blacked out Grille and Front Emblem, Black/Red Rear Emblems, Fog Lights, Power Windows/Locks/Alarm, Silver center dash kit, K&N intake filter and Clazzio Leather Seat covers.

"Your car may be faster, but I'll reach the finish line with gas to spare while your busy filling up." ~Me to a buddy and his 3.5 Altima
"Remember, if women don't find ya handsome, they should at least find ya handy." ~Red
V_for_Versetta is offline  
post #25 of 151 Old 08-15-2012, 09:34 PM
New Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: knoxville
Posts: 2
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
2011 Versa engine block replacement

With 35,000 miles on a 2011 Versa S 1.8 the engine has been making a noise that I thought was a valve problem. The dealer informed me that it needed a new engine block assembly. Does thiis make sense to anyone? Should they extend the warranty after replacing the block?
mothermary is offline  
post #26 of 151 Old 08-15-2012, 10:22 PM
Level III Member
 
brian.altsman@gmail.com's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Rhode Island
Posts: 124
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by ahmedhuseiny View Post
a couple of times in the past days, i started the engine and the "O/D OFF" light didn't go off.
i turn off the engine and start again, and it's gone.
i still don't know why this happens!
You might accidentally push the button with your thumb when you park up for the night. A lot of my friends do it because as their getting out they grasp the entire knob in preparation of leaving. Anyways its the tiny black button on the left side of your shifter if your in America/Canada. Might be opposite in the U.K. and Europe. Ideally you should leave O/D on even when you don't feel you need it as it improves fuel economy on hard accelerations and stop-gos.
[email protected] is offline  
post #27 of 151 Old 08-15-2012, 10:26 PM
Level III Member
 
brian.altsman@gmail.com's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Rhode Island
Posts: 124
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by mothermary View Post
With 35,000 miles on a 2011 Versa S 1.8 the engine has been making a noise that I thought was a valve problem. The dealer informed me that it needed a new engine block assembly. Does thiis make sense to anyone? Should they extend the warranty after replacing the block?
Seems like their just replacing a piece of plastic or the metal frame. If its even slightly off what your referring to basically is your engine is not sitting properly that is it is favoring one side or corner more then it should be. Let them replace it as it is a unique issue. Perhaps a lot of 2011 will be recalled? Sadly warranty extensions are bad for business as the purpose of most dealership warranties or factory warranties are to protect your vehicle up until about the time the parts start to fail. I take the steps of fluid changing/flushing/rust removal/ and part replacement just to be sure I'll have a versa after I hit 100k miles and 10 years.
[email protected] is offline  
post #28 of 151 Old 08-15-2012, 10:29 PM
Level III Member
 
brian.altsman@gmail.com's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Rhode Island
Posts: 124
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdaddychia View Post
I have oil seeping into the middle spark plugs. one is very minute but the other had at least 2 ozs of oil it when i did the plugs. cause. nissans m ade a 2 peice head and used a liquid gasket in between em and mine has rotted away
So you just had to replace the rubber gasket and spark pluh? Be careful your engine block might have a crack. Either way engine oil on spark plugs mean when you start it up thered will be black smoke and knocks/pings/backfires.
[email protected] is offline  
post #29 of 151 Old 08-15-2012, 10:31 PM
Level III Member
 
brian.altsman@gmail.com's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Rhode Island
Posts: 124
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by *Ziggy*Stardust* View Post
I haven't had any issues (she's still new 3k+ on her). But I am curious...
Those of you who are having issues, did you do any mods under the hood?
Maybe with this thread we could list the mods that were done along with the list Frenchy chan stated.
I think there are several modification threads out there already but it is absolutely relevant for people who have experienced a engine failure to list any mods that may be a factor. UI just don't want to see "My 40" 's and Spoiler made it go so fast the block exploded," LMAO.
[email protected] is offline  
post #30 of 151 Old 08-15-2012, 10:34 PM
Level III Member
 
brian.altsman@gmail.com's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Rhode Island
Posts: 124
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by niazqamar View Post
dear all,
i recently bough a Nissan Tiida Latio; Imported from Japan. MR18DE Engine with CVT gearbox. kept driving for almost a week as was trying to finish the paper work here in Namibia. There was a small dent on the fender due to off loading. i fixed it at a local panel beater and collected the car. i observed that some areas need to be polished so the panel beater shop said i must leave next morning and get during lunch. when i went to collect the car during luch, the guy drove the car out for me and gave me the key. i stated and put the car in reverse. suddenly the car died and wont start lthough will crank. i left the car there. they disconnected the terminals and reconnected when i went after work. it started, i drove almost 5 KMs and was close to my place when the car died again and never started. i towed the car to a mechanic who is good in japanese imports. he said, it was starter motor, replaced, no change. he replaced crank shaft sensor, no change. now he ays it is computer box. i am very worried, can some body help?
That crank noise is good my friend. it means your starter is functioning and starting as it should. Whats kinda cool to think about but not cool to have it happen to you is that while your car runs it should be rechaqrging the juice used for starting, lights, radio, what ever. It sounds like the part of the car that does this recharging (which I believe is called the alternator) may not be functioning as it should. That would explain your starts and then slowly no starts at all.
[email protected] is offline  
Reply

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome