HELP!!! - Nissan Versa Forums
General Technical & Electrical Anything not in a specific group, discuss here

User Tag List

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 16 Old 03-01-2011, 12:57 AM Thread Starter
Banned
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: glen burnie
Posts: 455
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
HELP!!!

so i put a 2010 versa factory head unit into the 09 versa and put everything back right but now the air bag light keeps blinking. i unhooked the light and hazard light button to get the face plate off the dash. when i hooked it up the air bag light in the dash cluster just keeps blinking. did anyone else have this issue. how do you fix it?
randy is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 16 Old 03-01-2011, 01:38 AM
Level VI Member
 
Versa S 2009's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Abilene, TX
Posts: 1,209
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Send a message via Yahoo to Versa S 2009
I had that issue at first when I unplugged it, and turned on the car and the light started blinking. It never went off. So I took it down to the dealer and lied and said " I was driving and the light came on, can you fix it", they said sure. Well later on I read that when you unplug it, make sure you plug it back in before sticking the key back in. But actually, the button is held in by two clips on bottom and top. If you squeeze the clips, it comes off the trim plate and you don't have to unplug it anymore.
Versa S 2009 is offline  
post #3 of 16 Old 03-01-2011, 04:25 AM
Level VI Member
 
JoshG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Tampa, FL
Posts: 4,524
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 90 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Versa S 2009 View Post
I had that issue at first when I unplugged it, and turned on the car and the light started blinking. It never went off. So I took it down to the dealer and lied and said " I was driving and the light came on, can you fix it", they said sure. Well later on I read that when you unplug it, make sure you plug it back in before sticking the key back in. But actually, the button is held in by two clips on bottom and top. If you squeeze the clips, it comes off the trim plate and you don't have to unplug it anymore.
I have the same issue and I was thinking about doing that. Wouldnt the airbag be disabled though?

2010 NISSAN VERSA 1.6
1991 MAZDA B2600i
JoshG is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #4 of 16 Old 03-01-2011, 04:31 AM
Level VI Member
 
BluV3R18's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Knoxville, TN
Posts: 2,364
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Question

question:
did you disconnect the battery before doing the swap and hook it back on after the swap was complete?
BluV3R18 is offline  
post #5 of 16 Old 03-01-2011, 08:52 AM
Level II Member
 
westmex's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Hi Desert - Southern California
Posts: 63
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
See the How-To section for fixing the light after stereo install

https://www.nissanversaforums.com/showthread.php?t=137

It's an easy fix

_______________________________________________
2009 Nissan Versa S 1.8L Super Black 4-spd Auto Sedan

www.theworldscoolesthomepage.com

Mods:
LED Light Strips under Front Doors (back doors coming soon)
Tint 35% front, 20% back
Interior Carbon-Fiber vinyl accents
Sony: 6" touchscreen, door speakers, sub
Formula amp (I've never hear of them)
westmex is offline  
post #6 of 16 Old 03-01-2011, 10:59 AM Thread Starter
Banned
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: glen burnie
Posts: 455
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Thanks I will try to fix it today!
randy is offline  
post #7 of 16 Old 03-01-2011, 04:25 PM
Level VI Member
 
Versa S 2009's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Abilene, TX
Posts: 1,209
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Send a message via Yahoo to Versa S 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clean_4th gen View Post
I have the same issue and I was thinking about doing that. Wouldnt the airbag be disabled though?
no, cause the system is not on, so it doesn't know if its been disconnected unless the key was turned to the on position, and when it does it's system test, that's when it will realize something's wrong, but it doesn't know what it is.
Versa S 2009 is offline  
post #8 of 16 Old 03-01-2011, 06:11 PM
Level VI Member
 
BluV3R18's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Knoxville, TN
Posts: 2,364
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by BluV3R18 View Post
question:
did you disconnect the battery before doing the swap and hook it back on after the swap was complete?
Hi Randy,
you forgot to answer my question, maybe when you get a chance...
you're probably busy but if you get a chance let me know if you did or not disconnected the battery.
the reason why I ask is for future references!

Have a good day Randy =)
BluV3R18 is offline  
post #9 of 16 Old 03-01-2011, 10:20 PM Thread Starter
Banned
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: glen burnie
Posts: 455
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by BluV3R18 View Post
Hi Randy,
you forgot to answer my question, maybe when you get a chance...
you're probably busy but if you get a chance let me know if you did or not disconnected the battery.
the reason why I ask is for future references!

Have a good day Randy =)

haha my bad. na i didn't disconnect the battery. being it was simple plug in play i didn't. i normally do just incase but being it was stock headunits i didn't bother
randy is offline  
post #10 of 16 Old 03-01-2011, 10:31 PM
Level VI Member
 
JoshG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Tampa, FL
Posts: 4,524
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 90 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Versa S 2009 View Post
no, cause the system is not on, so it doesn't know if its been disconnected unless the key was turned to the on position, and when it does it's system test, that's when it will realize something's wrong, but it doesn't know what it is.
So the airbag wouldnt work if I get into an accident?

2010 NISSAN VERSA 1.6
1991 MAZDA B2600i
JoshG is offline  
Reply

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome