Level III Member
Join Date: Mar 2011
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
|General Technical & Electrical Anything not in a specific group, discuss here|
||LinkBack||Thread Tools||Display Modes|
From the FSM:
ABS Function INFOID:0000000004307257
• The Anti-Lock Brake System detects wheel revolution while braking and improves handling stability during
sudden braking by electrically preventing wheel lockup. Maneuverability is also improved for avoiding obstacles during emergency braking.
• If the electrical system malfunctions, the Fail-Safe function is activated, the ABS becomes inoperative and
the ABS warning lamp turns on.
• The electrical system can be diagnosed using CONSULT-III.
• During ABS operation, the brake pedal may vibrate lightly and a mechanical noise may be heard. This is
• Just after starting the vehicle, the brake pedal may vibrate or motor operating noises may be heard from the
engine compartment. This is normal due to the self check operation.