Join Date: May 2017
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
|General Technical & Electrical Anything not in a specific group, discuss here|
||LinkBack||Thread Tools||Display Modes|
My car: 2008 Nissan Versa
Radio:P/N:28185 EM33A Model:2813L
On Wednesday April 12th I came out of the store heading home, I noticed that my radio was off which I always leave on. I tried to turn it on but no luck. I figured I might have blown the fuse and figured I will check it later. I drove the car next 2 days without the radio. On Saturday morning the car will not start. The battery was completely dead. I had it jump started and drove it without any problem but without radio though. On Sunday morning same again. I decided to check the fuse for the radio, figured it might be draining my battery. The fuse checked out fine. The battery was almost 5 years old. So I bought a new one and replaced the battery. But my radio still would not power on until I was almost close to my house when I noticed the radio turned on by itself. I did not go any where once I was home.
On Monday morning though, you guessed it, my new battery was dead. After I jump started, the radio will not turn on. I drove the car to bring the voltage back up then I decided to check the cause of the drainage of the battery. With the volt meter in series and negative disconnected I found the drainage was close to an amp. I pulled the radio fuse and the amps went way down. Even though the fuse was fine I replaced it any way but no change. I went ahead and pulled the radio out. Now I do not have any problem with the battery dying.
I took the radio apart to see if there was a fuse inside, there is none that I could find.I am lost now. I need help. I do not know if the radio is bad or if there is a problem with the circuit. Is there a code that I have to put in to power-up the radio? or is there a security issue? Can anyone please point me to the right direction?
Thank you for the reply. So what you saying is if there was a short the connectors don't have to be connected in order for it to drain the battery. As is all the connections are hanging loose inside and not connected to anything. According to your guess my radio must be bad.