Nissan Versa Forums

Nissan Versa Forums (https://www.nissanversaforums.com/forum.php)
-   General Technical & Electrical (https://www.nissanversaforums.com/general-technical-electrical/)
-   -   AC Setting (https://www.nissanversaforums.com/general-technical-electrical/42052-ac-setting.html)

waseemwsm 07-01-2018 07:54 AM

AC Setting
 
Hello Guyz,

Just a Question about AC.

Nissan TIIDA 2012 Sedan

As Iím from State of Qatar. AC is Basic need here :wink So as we know turning ON the AC in the Car will cost some extra Fuel. I wonder keeping the Fan to High (I mean 3 or 4) will cost me more fuel than keeping the fan to 1 or 2?

Coz If the fuel consumption is same regardless which fan setting (1 / 2 / 3 / 4) I would like to keep always to the high :nerd: Thatís the main reason why Iím asking this question.


Thank you in advance,

amc49 07-01-2018 10:07 AM

There is a very slight difference but not much at all. The fan at higher speeds simply pulls a bit more refrigeration out of the evaporator to make the a/c clutch stay engaged a bit more.

waseemwsm 07-01-2018 10:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by amc49 (Post 283806)
There is a very slight difference but not much at all. The fan at higher speeds simply pulls a bit more refrigeration out of the evaporator to make the a/c clutch stay engaged a bit more.

Thanks Mate ^_^

Alan_nc 07-01-2018 07:54 PM

Not to disagree but I think the AC is connected to the fan speed: If set on one the compressor (toggles off and on) does not come on as often. I have noticed a large difference in gas mileage if I run the fan on 4. If you set the fan on 4 the compressor stays on all the time....it's like max air conditioning.

Cobb 07-02-2018 01:51 AM

To make it the coldest put it on inside air, vent and high blower speed. I like cool air on my feet and face, but using that setting reduces the coldness of the air.

I typically start off with it on outside air, then after a few miles switch to inside and it really cools off.

On blower setting 3 it is noticeable in my 5 speed and I need to change my shift points. On blower speed 4 it starts to become a dog to drive. I dont really track my mpg, but just glance it at the screen on the dash. I see from 41 to 35 mpg.

SlickVersa 07-02-2018 11:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by waseemwsm (Post 283800)
As Iím from State of Qatar. AC is Basic need here :wink So as we know turning ON the AC in the Car will cost some extra Fuel.

I thought in Qatar the oil/gas is cheaper than sand...

waseemwsm 07-03-2018 06:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alan_nc (Post 283816)
Not to disagree but I think the AC is connected to the fan speed: If set on one the compressor (toggles off and on) does not come on as often. I have noticed a large difference in gas mileage if I run the fan on 4. If you set the fan on 4 the compressor stays on all the time....it's like max air conditioning.

Yup as I suspected.

Anyways thanks for your comment :)

waseemwsm 07-03-2018 06:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cobb (Post 283824)
To make it the coldest put it on inside air, vent and high blower speed. I like cool air on my feet and face, but using that setting reduces the coldness of the air.

I typically start off with it on outside air, then after a few miles switch to inside and it really cools off.

On blower setting 3 it is noticeable in my 5 speed and I need to change my shift points. On blower speed 4 it starts to become a dog to drive. I dont really track my mpg, but just glance it at the screen on the dash. I see from 41 to 35 mpg.

Owh Yeah. That is how I do it either.
As its super hot here (45 Degree Celsius is normal in summer time) I used to keep the windows 1 inch open when I park (Of course only if I'm sure it's safe) to avoid some Green house impact ;)

After start the car I used to Run the Fan only (without turning ON the AC) with outside Air on 3 or 4 Speed also all windows opened. After driving for few mins, I will shut the windows, than AC ON than Turning into inside Air :)

Thanks for sharing your ideas mate :)

waseemwsm 07-03-2018 06:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SlickVersa (Post 283848)
I thought in Qatar the oil/gas is cheaper than sand...

Huh haa :P

That's how it WAS but it's getting costly nowadays. 1L 95 Oct Patrol is around $ 0.60 as of July 2018 )

SlickVersa 07-03-2018 03:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by waseemwsm (Post 283862)
That's how it WAS but it's getting costly nowadays. 1L 95 Oct Patrol is around $ 0.60 as of July 2018 )

It is easy to bring the price down. Just increase the oil production. :)


All times are GMT. The time now is 11:33 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome