did something get fried? - Nissan Versa Forums
General Technical & Electrical Anything not in a specific group, discuss here

User Tag List

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 25 Old 05-07-2012, 06:17 PM Thread Starter
Level III Member
 
OneGoldfish's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Under the Cali sun!
Posts: 130
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Unhappy did something get fried?

Hey guys, the other day my car started acting weird. initially i was only aware that the ac climate control lights were out, as well as the shift selector. that led to the realization that my dimmer switch was completely nonfunctional. I checked the continuity on it and that checked out okay, but its not receiving any power. I was searching around for help and for a variety of cars, the parking lights and license plate lights didnt work either as well. Sure enough, when I checked my car, none of those were functioning either. So that means its an entire circuit that no longer is working, and for the icing on the cake....none of the fuses have blown. can someone help me please?
OneGoldfish is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 25 Old 05-07-2012, 06:23 PM
crownabove
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)
Quoted: Post(s)
under your dash ,drivers side, there is a fuse that they push in when they deliver your car at the dealer,,it could have come loose and needs to be pushed back in,I belive it is in the little fuse panel by the steering wheel
 
post #3 of 25 Old 05-07-2012, 06:28 PM Thread Starter
Level III Member
 
OneGoldfish's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Under the Cali sun!
Posts: 130
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by crownabove View Post
under your dash ,drivers side, there is a fuse that they push in when they deliver your car at the dealer,,it could have come loose and needs to be pushed back in,I belive it is in the little fuse panel by the steering wheel
oh dope thanks. is this in the interior fuse box, or does this have another special location? Because I checked both interior and exterior fuse boxes and couldn't find anything wrong.
OneGoldfish is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #4 of 25 Old 05-07-2012, 06:40 PM
crownabove
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)
Quoted: Post(s)
I know after I piched up my car my blinkers lights on the dash and some of the other lights stopped working,,,these cars have a shipping mode,,and there is a fuse that needs to be pushed in,,,mine came loose and my lights were messed up,,,I made an apointment at the dealer then came on here and someone else was talking about it,,pushed it in til it clicked and it was fixed,,,I think it was a blue color and is in the fuse panel to the left of the steering wheel,,,good luck,,,hope this fixes it
 
post #5 of 25 Old 05-08-2012, 12:13 AM
Level IV Member
 
VinnieVersa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Massachusetts
Posts: 236
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by crownabove View Post
I know after I piched up my car my blinkers lights on the dash and some of the other lights stopped working,,,these cars have a shipping mode,,and there is a fuse that needs to be pushed in,,,mine came loose and my lights were messed up,,,I made an apointment at the dealer then came on here and someone else was talking about it,,pushed it in til it clicked and it was fixed,,,I think it was a blue color and is in the fuse panel to the left of the steering wheel,,,good luck,,,hope this fixes it
Here is the link crownabove was mentioning

https://www.nissanversaforums.com/201...t-working.html
VinnieVersa is offline  
post #6 of 25 Old 05-08-2012, 03:18 AM Thread Starter
Level III Member
 
OneGoldfish's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Under the Cali sun!
Posts: 130
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
so I pressed firmly upon everything in that fuse panel, including the two large blue blocks. from the link, I could not find any black bar that i could press. still doesnt work. :/
OneGoldfish is offline  
post #7 of 25 Old 05-08-2012, 11:10 AM
Level IV Member
 
VinnieVersa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Massachusetts
Posts: 236
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by OneGoldfish View Post
so I pressed firmly upon everything in that fuse panel, including the two large blue blocks. from the link, I could not find any black bar that i could press. still doesnt work. :/
I am not an electrical guy... but I will check to see if there is a common point that is related to all the lights that are not working.

See age PG30 on page 4 Ground Distribution.

http://www.nicoclub.com/FSM//versa/2011/PG.pdf

Over view

http://www.nicoclub.com/FSM//versa/2011/PG.pdf

Did you do a continuity check on the fuse
VinnieVersa is offline  
post #8 of 25 Old 05-09-2012, 01:33 AM
Level IV Member
 
VinnieVersa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Massachusetts
Posts: 236
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by VinnieVersa View Post
I am not an electrical guy... but I will check to see if there is a common point that is related to all the lights that are not working.

See age PG30 on page 4 Ground Distribution.

http://www.nicoclub.com/FSM//versa/2011/PG.pdf

Over view

http://www.nicoclub.com/FSM//versa/2011/PG.pdf

Did you do a continuity check on the fuse
updated 5/8 9:30 pm
Check page 13 of the above link to view what fuse location is attached too. and check fuse position 3 ( 10 amp meter) and position 6 engine control 10 amp
VinnieVersa is offline  
post #9 of 25 Old 05-09-2012, 06:44 PM Thread Starter
Level III Member
 
OneGoldfish's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Under the Cali sun!
Posts: 130
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by VinnieVersa View Post
updated 5/8 9:30 pm
Check page 13 of the above link to view what fuse location is attached too. and check fuse position 3 ( 10 amp meter) and position 6 engine control 10 amp
i checked both of those, and also both of the elec parts fuses (10 amp). all show continuity, so its not those. i dont understand how power can get fried but the fuse not? the only other thing that comes to mind is a fried wire, but those are supposed to handle above their corresponding fuse max ratings. is there anything else i can check? i got a few weeks till im back home, at which i will take the car to get fixed if i havent isolated the issue by then.
OneGoldfish is offline  
post #10 of 25 Old 05-09-2012, 08:13 PM
Level VI Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Ontario
Posts: 1,246
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 27 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Plus if a wire shorted out the fuse probably would have popped. Could there be another fuse somewhere in there? Or perhaps a connector has come loose?

Drew
2016 Ram 1500 Hemi 4x4 Quad Cab
2017 Harley Road King Special
ADOversa is offline  
Reply

Tags
dimmer , interior lights , parking lights , tail lights

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome