Level I Member
Join Date: Nov 2012
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
2008 SL hatch w/ CVT just shy of 160k. My average fuel economy is 30.8mpg since purchasing used w/ 49k miles in 2011. Very interstate heavy driving cycles.
Other than normal maintenance...
1. Multi-cd changer doesn't work (all other radio functions work)
2. Driver door handle came off (which I successfully fixed--permanently--using the guide on this forum)
3. TPMS light won't go off (likely a dead battery in one or more sensor but not worth replacing)
4. Throws code P1421 every now and then but no drive-ability symptoms so I clear it. It will eventually go off itself but may take a few days.
5. CVT does make some weird noises at low speed when accelerating and is intensified when cold. Still no issues though.
1. Rear hatch and bumper replaced after being rear ended around 85k miles--no issues experienced after this repair.
1. Someone decided to lane change on me and I now have a dent in the right passenger side front fender (it wasn't even bad enough to scrape off any paint). Not sure if I'm going to repair since the check I received from other guy's ins co. is probably more than I can realistically trade it for and the check combined with what the vehicle is worth in as-is condition is definitely more than I can get with it repaired and 2 accidents on its record.
For what it is, I really can't complain about the car. It has been 100% reliable for me and never left me stranded while returning decent fuel economy for its model year.
Anyway, I'm thinking about self-changing the CVT fluid on the vehicle. If I don't do it correctly it's not a huge loss and if I do maybe the CVT noises will go away.
While I love not having to worry about paint imperfections, where I take the vehicle, payments, or carrying comprehensive, I'll probably end up in a new vehicle in the not too distant future.
Last edited by nissanversa08; 01-05-2016 at 02:53 PM.