Engine warning light on - Nissan Versa Forums
General Versa Discussion Everything about Versa's that does not fit in another forum

User Tag List

 2Likes
  • 1 Post By ram1220
  • 1 Post By Cobb
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 Old 09-08-2017, 02:42 AM Thread Starter
Level I Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Posts: 14
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Engine warning light on

Dear All,

Hope everyone is doing fine.

I have nissan tiida 2008.

Yesterday night the engine warning light went on (check attachment). What could be the reason?

I have changed the battery recently and also changed engine oil 1000+ km before.

Any advice?

Thanks in advance.
mohrayafr is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 7 Old 09-08-2017, 05:00 PM
Level V Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 674
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 93 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by mohrayafr View Post
Dear All,

Hope everyone is doing fine.

I have nissan tiida 2008.

Yesterday night the engine warning light went on (check attachment). What could be the reason?

I have changed the battery recently and also changed engine oil 1000+ km before.

Any advice?

Thanks in advance.
The attachment you mention did not make the trip with your message. If you could tell us the code that came up, somebody may have an idea or two.
pimperell is offline  
post #3 of 7 Old 09-09-2017, 02:36 AM
Level VI Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Location: Fort Worth Texas
Posts: 939
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 102 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
X2, the light coming on says likely there is at least one code logged in there.

Do NOT tell us what the code means, rather the EXACT number it is. DON'T accept what the person reading it says either, look over his shoulder to see the number yourself and write it down.
amc49 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #4 of 7 Old 09-09-2017, 06:06 PM Thread Starter
Level I Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Posts: 14
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Thanks for the replies.

Sorry pimperell, I tried a lot but the file is not getting attached.

A friend of mine has OBD scanner. He did a scan and it didnt show any error codes.
He said it could be some memory overflow or something and did a reset.
The light is gone for now. He advised me to continue driving the car and keep a watch on the warning lights.

Please advice if we did the right thing?

Also, is it wise to buy a scanner and keep it for myself.
If so, which one would be appropriate.

Thanks all for your advises/suggestions.
mohrayafr is offline  
post #5 of 7 Old 09-10-2017, 02:21 PM
Level V Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 674
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 93 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by mohrayafr View Post
Thanks for the replies.

Sorry pimperell, I tried a lot but the file is not getting attached.

A friend of mine has OBD scanner. He did a scan and it didnt show any error codes.
He said it could be some memory overflow or something and did a reset.
The light is gone for now. He advised me to continue driving the car and keep a watch on the warning lights.

Please advice if we did the right thing?

Also, is it wise to buy a scanner and keep it for myself.
If so, which one would be appropriate.

Thanks all for your advises/suggestions.
I use a Scanguage II which runs about $150. It can read and clear codes, but it is also a "real time" information center that can display various information that you can customize to your liking. I have mine set for "water temperature", voltage, Rpms, and GPH used. It also has a trip calculator that you can use to see exactly what kind mileage you are getting and a host of other information that you can customize. It is portable, can be used on diesels and will work on almost any vehicle. Good luck with your car.
pimperell is offline  
post #6 of 7 Old 09-16-2017, 08:12 PM
Level II Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Location: Allen, Texas
Posts: 66
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by pimperell View Post
I use a Scanguage II which runs about $150. It can read and clear codes, but it is also a "real time" information center that can display various information that you can customize to your liking. I have mine set for "water temperature", voltage, Rpms, and GPH used. It also has a trip calculator that you can use to see exactly what kind mileage you are getting and a host of other information that you can customize. It is portable, can be used on diesels and will work on almost any vehicle. Good luck with your car.


+1 I bought the Scanguage II when I bought my Versa S sedan last year and highly recommend it.
pimperell likes this.
ram1220 is offline  
post #7 of 7 Old 09-17-2017, 02:37 AM
Level VI Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Location: Central, VA
Posts: 1,105
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 167 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Most auto stores in the US can scan codes and tell you about them. How about your country?

+1 on the scan gauge. It will allow you to clear codes and see pending codes. It also allows you to see details of sensors like coolant temp, AFR, battery voltage, intake air temperature, mpg, gallons of fuel use per minute and if you add the cost of fuel it will tell you how much the car is costing you fuel wise to drive.
pimperell likes this.
Cobb is offline  
Reply

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome