Front License Plate Bracket - Page 3 - Nissan Versa Forums
General Versa Discussion Everything about Versa's that does not fit in another forum

User Tag List

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #21 of 37 Old 07-30-2012, 12:54 AM
Level VI Member
 
iluvmyVersa08's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Mount Hope, ON
Posts: 6,567
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Garage
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
^^i agree with Andrew. That sucks. I'd be pissed if they put dealer frames on my car. I don't believe in advertising for them on a daily basis. Some may be nice and helpful, but I still don't want to advertise for dealerships.



iluvmyVersa08 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #22 of 37 Old 07-30-2012, 01:13 AM
Level IV Member
 
VinnieVersa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Massachusetts
Posts: 236
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyes_2012_RedV View Post
^ Wow! I too would of been pissed if that happened.
I have no doubt that they would not have covered my ticket if I got one.
I am strongly considering to get my oil changed else where and make sure they don't get my business any more.
May want to consider going some place else for your oil changes. How do you know they are putting in new oil? Based on the fact that they did not contact you when the problem happened and they gave you a stupid excuse, They have a record of your plate and should have contacted you when they found the plate. They actually said there car wash pulls 1 in 20 plates of Versa's.
I would not have them do anything on my vehicle again. .
VinnieVersa is offline  
post #23 of 37 Old 07-30-2012, 01:28 AM
Level VI Member
 
BluV3R18's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Knoxville, TN
Posts: 2,364
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyes_2012_RedV View Post
Well, I recently went to the dealership to get my oil changed.
They washed my car with out asking (I don't like them to wash it because they never dry it, and do a poor job).

I called them to get the bracket replaced. Well, just my luck they had it there. They informed me that their car wash tends to "rip" off the brackets (1 out of 20 cars). Especially Versa's according to them.
They put it back on for, that was nice. But from now on no car washes, even though I never wanted to wash it from the beginning.

(sorry for the long post)

*Peace*
glad you found the bracket/plate


I would give them a one star rating review on google/maps because they failed to put the plate back on, that's one star removed, and they failed to tell you they were going to remove the plate, that's another star removed, and they failed to contact you, that's another star removed from their 5 star rating review, and they failed you, that's another star removed from their google map rating. all that adds up to one star rating Google Maps

HEHE...


Have a good one!

2007 HB 6spd manual Previous
2014 Nissan Sentra Current

Last edited by BluV3R18; 07-30-2012 at 01:31 AM.
BluV3R18 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #24 of 37 Old 07-30-2012, 02:04 AM
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Denver, CO
Posts: 3,417
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Having a front license plate on the a vehicle is more trouble than worth the hassle.
Hschlick84 is offline  
post #25 of 37 Old 07-30-2012, 06:39 AM
Level VI Member
 
hemifan87's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Norfolk, VA
Posts: 1,965
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Garage
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via AIM to hemifan87 Send a message via Skype™ to hemifan87
^ completely agree they really should make it just rear plate I mean I'v never seen the need in a front plate other then it costs more to make

2009 Nissan Versa DD project Black Widow
1987 Nissan 200sx new weekend project

project Black Widow
https://www.nissanversaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2313
Project 200sx
https://www.nissanversaforums.com/non...w-old-car.html
My Facebook Versa page if your in Virginia come join us
http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/Ver...66480763434590
I'm now on Instagram #hemifan87

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
hemifan87 is offline  
post #26 of 37 Old 07-30-2012, 04:24 PM Thread Starter
Level IV Member
 
Skyes_2012_RedV's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Utah
Posts: 215
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by VinnieVersa View Post
May want to consider going some place else for your oil changes. How do you know they are putting in new oil? Based on the fact that they did not contact you when the problem happened and they gave you a stupid excuse, They have a record of your plate and should have contacted you when they found the plate. They actually said there car wash pulls 1 in 20 plates of Versa's.
I would not have them do anything on my vehicle again. .
Hmm, they better be putting in new oil. Thinking I will check the color of the oil later today (after work). They do have a record (dumbasses).

Quote:
Originally Posted by BluV3R18 View Post
glad you found the bracket/plate


I would give them a one star rating review on google/maps because they failed to put the plate back on, that's one star removed, and they failed to tell you they were going to remove the plate, that's another star removed, and they failed to contact you, that's another star removed from their 5 star rating review, and they failed you, that's another star removed from their google map rating. all that adds up to one star rating Google Maps

HEHE...


Have a good one!
True. I am going to make it known about their bad service. May even vent on here the whole story of them being complete jerks from the begining.
Luv the Scooby pic. It's GROOVY!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hschlick84 View Post
Having a front license plate on the a vehicle is more trouble than worth the hassle.
Quote:
Originally Posted by hemifan87 View Post
^ completely agree they really should make it just rear plate I mean I'v never seen the need in a front plate other then it costs more to make
I agree. I never understood the need to have the licence plate on the front. I heard from a friend who is a cop, the cops more than half the time get the licence plate number from the back (when catching speeders).

Bowie
2012 Nissan Versa Hatch Back 1.8 S Red Alert
Tiida/Versa Aftermarket Control Knobs
Universal Arm Rest

*more to come... https://www.nissanversaforums.com/gar...ff-thread.html
Skyes_2012_RedV is offline  
post #27 of 37 Old 07-30-2012, 04:35 PM
Level VI Member
 
iluvmyVersa08's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Mount Hope, ON
Posts: 6,567
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Garage
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyes_2012_RedV View Post
I agree. I never understood the need to have the licence plate on the front. I heard from a friend who is a cop, the cops more than half the time get the licence plate number from the back (when catching speeders).
It does look better without, but it's required here.



iluvmyVersa08 is offline  
post #28 of 37 Old 07-30-2012, 08:17 PM Thread Starter
Level IV Member
 
Skyes_2012_RedV's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Utah
Posts: 215
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
^ It too is required here. *sigh*

Bowie
2012 Nissan Versa Hatch Back 1.8 S Red Alert
Tiida/Versa Aftermarket Control Knobs
Universal Arm Rest

*more to come... https://www.nissanversaforums.com/gar...ff-thread.html
Skyes_2012_RedV is offline  
post #29 of 37 Old 07-30-2012, 09:21 PM
Level VI Member
 
iluvmyVersa08's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Mount Hope, ON
Posts: 6,567
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Garage
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyes_2012_RedV View Post
^ It too is required here. *sigh*
Ah well, at least everyone else around us has them on too! lol



iluvmyVersa08 is offline  
post #30 of 37 Old 07-30-2012, 11:56 PM
Administrator
 
JoshG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Tampa, FL
Posts: 4,524
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 90 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
So they removed it to prevent the car from getting damaged? That was good on their part but they should've made sure it was put back on. Like someone said...what if you got a ticket? Im sure they weren't paying it that easy!

2010 NISSAN VERSA 1.6
1991 MAZDA B2600i
JoshG is offline  
Reply

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome