How To: Add Cabin Air Filter to Versa Note and Versa Sedan - Page 7 - Nissan Versa Forums
How To's Learn something new in the How To section.

User Tag List

 16Likes
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #61 of 98 Old 06-18-2016, 04:33 PM
New Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Posts: 8
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
By the way... Though the filter TYC 800029P (Hyundai/Kia replacement) fits snugly in my 2015 Versa Note SV (OEM filter 27277 1KK0A), the direction of the accordion fold is incorrect and makes it very difficult to install. I recommend against this filter because of that. The accordion fold is vertical when a horizontal fold would squeeze down better to enter through the opening.

This filter does a great job with the pollutant removal, other than smelling better in the car, it is visibly darker than the OEM 27277 1KK0A filter in 1/4 the mileage already. Same route driven religiously, no new construction along the way. The route is the I-5 near a waste water processing, lagoons, the ocean, and a natural gas-burning power plant.

One of the problems with this thread is vague conveyances.

Last edited by POSinCarlsbad; 06-18-2016 at 04:43 PM. Reason: punctuation, adjective addition
POSinCarlsbad is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #62 of 98 Old 06-18-2016, 05:22 PM
Level II Member
 
2013Versa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Arkansas
Posts: 66
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Garage
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
" " Are you a 2013 Versa owner as your screen name indicates or are you a 2015 Versa Note owner as your signature states?

That filter pictured does not fit in the 2015 Versa Note SV that I own. I had it and ended up returning it. That is what Napa had on their computer as the compatible filter... In fact, an employee had the 2015 V Note SR and we all went back and the manager (who was going to charge me a 20% restock fee) waived it when he saw how impossible it was to put in the slot.

By the way, All glories to Bob." "

This is my second Versa. I liked my first one so much that I traded it for a new one last October.

About the filter not fitting...then FRAMs numbers must be wrong. But their website told me that is what will fit our Versas. My 2015 came new with a filter, I'll pull it and take it in with me to see if it matches when I change it. Here are the dimensions along with my post in another thread about cabin filters:

The correct FRAM part number for our Notes is CF10545, not CF10709 or CF10140 as posted earlier in this thread. CF10709 is for various Hyundais, while CF10140 has Infiniti, Mitsubishi and some Nissan fitments, but the Note (and Versa sedan) is not listed in the choices.

CF10545
Height 1.412
Length 8.183
Width 9.417

CF10140 specs:
Height 1.182
Length 8.589
Width 7.88

CF10709 specs:
Height 0.67
Length 8.786
Width 7.998

I'm at a loss. The FRAM air filter fits correctly. Nissan offered to change my cabin filter at my last oil change and I demurred figuring I could do it myself.

Praise his sweet name

2016 Versa Note
1.6 5 speed
Cayenne Red (NAH)
2013Versa is offline  
post #63 of 98 Old 06-18-2016, 07:44 PM
Level I Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Posts: 20
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
The original post hasn't been updated since 2014, and I don't see any replies saying what worked for the 2015 sedan. Anyone have any info specific to it?
kevinrs is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #64 of 98 Old 06-19-2016, 08:04 PM Thread Starter
Level V Member
 
jas32's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: SE Michigan
Posts: 519
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 151 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2013Versa View Post
FRAM

Here is a link for the cabin filter CF10545 for our Versas.
The filter pictured (includes a plastic piece attached to it) is incorrect and will not fit. Same with other numbers listed by Rockauto and other retailers.

The proper filter is pure paper, no plastic door or plastic piece attached.

2014 Versa Note SV
jas32 is offline  
post #65 of 98 Old 06-19-2016, 08:22 PM Thread Starter
Level V Member
 
jas32's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: SE Michigan
Posts: 519
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 151 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by POSinCarlsbad View Post
By the way... Though the filter TYC 800029P (Hyundai/Kia replacement) fits snugly in my 2015 Versa Note SV (OEM filter 27277 1KK0A), the direction of the accordion fold is incorrect and makes it very difficult to install. I recommend against this filter because of that. The accordion fold is vertical when a horizontal fold would squeeze down better to enter through the opening.

This filter does a great job with the pollutant removal, other than smelling better in the car, it is visibly darker than the OEM 27277 1KK0A filter in 1/4 the mileage already. Same route driven religiously, no new construction along the way. The route is the I-5 near a waste water processing, lagoons, the ocean, and a natural gas-burning power plant.

One of the problems with this thread is vague conveyances.

I understand that the pleats of the cabin filter I suggested is in the wrong direction. I personally did not have any problem installing it. Just make sure it is oriented properly for maximum effectiveness. The filter pops into place once it is inside the cavity.

The vagueness in this tread is because of a number of factors:
1. Nissan for 2 years, did not release a filter for the 2013-14-15 Sedan/2014-15 Note even if the filter cavity is on the HVAC box.
2. ALL parts stores including Amazon who listed a part for these cars had the wrong part for it. They typically listed the part for the previous gen Versa.
3. Nissan finally installed filters on the 2015 MY mid-year but never published that you can use the same part for the earlier MY cars.
4. It appears even the Nissan parts people did not know what was going on at the factory when they started installing filters.

I started this tread after spending a lot of time looking for a proper sized filter that would fit the filter cavity. The biggest problem is that most people do not take the time to read the tread, ending up buying the wrong part and start complaining about it.

With the Nissan part now available for these cars, for most people its probably best to get the part from Nissan directly unless you want to save money and pay less than 1/2 price for a similar filter (one of the ones I listed at the start of this tread).

2014 Versa Note SV
jas32 is offline  
post #66 of 98 Old 06-19-2016, 08:25 PM Thread Starter
Level V Member
 
jas32's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: SE Michigan
Posts: 519
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 151 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinrs View Post
The original post hasn't been updated since 2014, and I don't see any replies saying what worked for the 2015 sedan. Anyone have any info specific to it?
AFAIK 2013-14-15 Sedans and 2014-15 Notes all have the same HVAC systems, which mean what's discussed here should work.

2014 Versa Note SV
jas32 is offline  
post #67 of 98 Old 06-20-2016, 04:35 AM
Level I Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Posts: 20
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by jas32 View Post
With the Nissan part now available for these cars, for most people its probably best to get the part from Nissan directly unless you want to save money and pay less than 1/2 price for a similar filter (one of the ones I listed at the start of this tread).
Apparently you can't buy direct from nissan, parts go through dealers only. I've been reluctant to order it from the local dealer for a couple of reasons.
1. With the confusion, how do I know they even know what fits.
2. They charge too much. website shows Lookup Code 27274L Part Number 27278-1KK0A, which is out of stock
3. My sister tried getting some parts for her rogue: some basic body panel clips, the ones that hold the plastic panel underneath the radiator on, on the side towards the engine, and a license plate bulb. We'd seen the panel was loose, but she was taking it in for maintenance, instead of offering to fix, they just told her what was wrong, including the bulb. I found the right parts on their site, she ordered, and a month later got an email saying they couldn't fill the order, with no explanation. Both those parts I'd think would be in a bulk bin at any nissan dealer, with identical parts at several other non-nissan dealers, since they'd be the same on other makes of cars.
kevinrs is offline  
post #68 of 98 Old 06-20-2016, 04:52 AM
Level I Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Posts: 20
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Oh, and the cabin air filter should be trivially easy at least on the 2015 sedan, my sister's rogue, it's a similar position, but the opening is on the driver's side, meaning the accelerator pedal is in the way.
Even if you remove that, which is a step in service manuals, which isn't easy with the angle on one of the nuts that has to be removed, the stud that the accelerator was attached to is still in the way, you have to collapse the pleats and twist some to get it in, leaving creases and possibly still collapsed pleats when it's installed.
kevinrs is offline  
post #69 of 98 Old 06-20-2016, 04:20 PM
TKO
Level III Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Los Angeles Area (Glendale, CA)
Posts: 139
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinrs View Post
Oh, and the cabin air filter should be trivially easy at least on the 2015 sedan, my sister's rogue, it's a similar position, but the opening is on the driver's side, meaning the accelerator pedal is in the way.
Even if you remove that, which is a step in service manuals, which isn't easy with the angle on one of the nuts that has to be removed, the stud that the accelerator was attached to is still in the way, you have to collapse the pleats and twist some to get it in, leaving creases and possibly still collapsed pleats when it's installed.
The cabin air filter compartment/cavity in the Versa Note/2nd gen Versa Sedan is not among Nissan's brighter innovations; it's a terrible design. It's really a letdown since I love just about everything else with my car. This is, by far, the most cumbersome cabin filter installation process among any car that my family and I have owned. I just changed the cabin filter in my wife's 2015 Kia Soul a few months ago and it was so easy. I don't recall off the top of my head but I believe it was at the top of the glove compartment; I don't think I had to push in the side tabs of the glove compartment to lower it more than it normally does so I don't think the cabin filter was behind the glove compartment.

I'm guessing Nissan designed it that way to increase interior space for passengers or to reduce weight.

2014 Versa Note S Plus, Metallic Blue Paint
Built in July 2013. Bought on September 28, 2013.

Last edited by TKO; 10-19-2016 at 05:10 AM.
TKO is offline  
post #70 of 98 Old 06-21-2016, 02:11 AM
Level II Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: IL
Posts: 89
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 26 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinrs View Post
Apparently you can't buy direct from nissan, parts go through dealers only. I've been reluctant to order it from the local dealer for a couple of reasons.
Some Nissan dealers do DO online sales. This is great for us that live far away, I ordered my wiper refills from CourtesyParts.

CourtesyParts | Genuine OEM Nissan Parts & Accessories

Just installed the FRAM Breeze CF10545 (in a early 2014 Versa Note)

At first I thought: "darn got the wrong filter" but after some massaging I was able to slip it in, the ink printing on the filter edge faces out toward the opening, and it popped open inside the enclosure.

I will need to use needle nose pliers to remove it! The opening is not as big as the cavity!

I see no reason to run any filter, if it does not have carbon/baking soda to freshen the air.

2014 Versa Note SL, Metallic Blue Paint
Built in October 2013. Bought on April the 12th, 2014

Last edited by Vern in IL; 06-21-2016 at 02:17 AM.
Vern in IL is offline  
Reply

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome