2015 Versa SV radio, speakers sound awful - Nissan Versa Forums
I.C.E. - In Car Entertainment Discuss about audio, video, navigation, security and wiring here

User Tag List

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 12 Old 08-11-2015, 09:21 PM Thread Starter
New Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Posts: 1
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
2015 Versa SV radio, speakers sound awful

I went from a 2006 chevy malibu with a good stereo to the versa, and not it sounds like i'm listening to everything through headphones made of cheese. it just sounds awful. My question: is it the factory stereo, or the factory speakers? Or both? and any recommendations to upgrade to a better model? thank you.
megofan is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 12 Old 08-13-2015, 03:00 PM
New Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Posts: 7
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
I too am thinking about changing out my speakers in my 15 note. I'd like to keep the head unit and just swap the 4 speakers.

Any tips from those who've done this.

Last edited by Pdowney; 08-13-2015 at 03:00 PM.
Pdowney is offline  
post #3 of 12 Old 08-15-2015, 09:54 AM
Level I Member
 
guerriga's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Georgia
Posts: 25
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Yes the speakers do sound awful and the head unit is not powerful enough to take on more higher end speakers. So what I did was replaced all four speakers with Infinity's instead. Then I had to replace the head unit with Pioneer Avic-8000NEX for Apple Carplay. All that cost well over $1000. Worth it to this day though.
guerriga is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #4 of 12 Old 08-16-2015, 04:39 AM
New Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Posts: 7
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
So I couldn't get a set of Rockford Fosgate speakers and put them in without swapping the head unit? I don't need them to be functioning at the height of their performance, just sounding better than the stock speakers.

Amazon.com : Rockford Fosgate R165X3 Prime 6.5-Inch Full-Range 3-Way Coaxial Speaker - Set of 2 : Vehicle Speakers : Car Electronics Amazon.com : Rockford Fosgate R165X3 Prime 6.5-Inch Full-Range 3-Way Coaxial Speaker - Set of 2 : Vehicle Speakers : Car Electronics
Pdowney is offline  
post #5 of 12 Old 08-16-2015, 11:05 PM
Level I Member
 
Join Date: May 2015
Posts: 40
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pdowney View Post
So I couldn't get a set of Rockford Fosgate speakers and put them in without swapping the head unit? I don't need them to be functioning at the height of their performance, just sounding better than the stock speakers.

Amazon.com : Rockford Fosgate R165X3 Prime 6.5-Inch Full-Range 3-Way Coaxial Speaker - Set of 2 : Vehicle Speakers : Car Electronics Amazon.com : Rockford Fosgate R165X3 Prime 6.5-Inch Full-Range 3-Way Coaxial Speaker - Set of 2 : Vehicle Speakers : Car Electronics
Yes you can install speakers with stock headunit. They will sound better than stock speakers.
V8toVersa is offline  
post #6 of 12 Old 08-17-2015, 08:01 PM
New Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Posts: 4
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
I started with a clean canvas 15 Versa S sedan, base cd Aux radio w steering wheel controls and only 2 speakers.

Since February I have gone through a couple different configurations... The car currently has a Double din Metra dash kit with a single din iso mounted(screws in the side) and a generic 1 din plastic pocket also iso mounted below it. I have had a double din Pioneer mixtrax (button interface, small lcd), a kenwood screen that I had hooked to my Galaxy s5 w Mhl Adapter and at one point a gaping hole in my dash when I had no head unit, only a bluetooth receiver connected to a sound processor and my amplifiers.

I have a hifonics HFEQ line driver sound processor combination hidden away in my glove box tied to a Brutus gorilla 5000 watt amp pushing a Kenwood 12inch T2 in a ported box and my door speakers connected to a 4 channel amp as well.

I have JBL coaxial 3 way speakers in all 4 doors, I had to add provisions for wiring them and mounting them to the backdoor locations where there were none previously installed.

Everything is powered by a single true 0 gauge power wire run from the battery and a matching ground wire ground at the seat belt mounting point in the back. Had to remove all of the under hood fuse box to drill a hole in the firewall for the cable to fit, I also had to be careful not to knick the brake booster when I came thru with the step bit, this was the only spot I really had to effectively run that cable with the extra bracketry for my clutch pedal(my Versa is a 5 speed), so others may have more room.

I also added an aftermarket power lock kit to my Versa so I ran alot of the wiring fir this at the same time, it was very involved and I've had the entire interior stripped out at least twice while setting everything up.

I can try to get you pics of anything you wanna see.
extralungz is offline  
post #7 of 12 Old 08-19-2015, 05:03 PM
New Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Posts: 4
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
My daughter has a Versa S also. I'm considering a new radio/speaker combo for her for Christmas, but nothing that elaborate... I am very interested in which door lock kit you used and any info on that. it is a pain to lock/unlock those doors, especially back seat from the drivers position.
Dennis_H is offline  
post #8 of 12 Old 05-28-2017, 03:58 AM
New Member
 
Join Date: May 2017
Location: NJ
Posts: 1
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by extralungz View Post
I started with a clean canvas 15 Versa S sedan, base cd Aux radio w steering wheel controls and only 2 speakers.

Since February I have gone through a couple different configurations... The car currently has a Double din Metra dash kit with a single din iso mounted(screws in the side) and a generic 1 din plastic pocket also iso mounted below it. I have had a double din Pioneer mixtrax (button interface, small lcd), a kenwood screen that I had hooked to my Galaxy s5 w Mhl Adapter and at one point a gaping hole in my dash when I had no head unit, only a bluetooth receiver connected to a sound processor and my amplifiers.

I have a hifonics HFEQ line driver sound processor combination hidden away in my glove box tied to a Brutus gorilla 5000 watt amp pushing a Kenwood 12inch T2 in a ported box and my door speakers connected to a 4 channel amp as well.

I have JBL coaxial 3 way speakers in all 4 doors, I had to add provisions for wiring them and mounting them to the backdoor locations where there were none previously installed.

Everything is powered by a single true 0 gauge power wire run from the battery and a matching ground wire ground at the seat belt mounting point in the back. Had to remove all of the under hood fuse box to drill a hole in the firewall for the cable to fit, I also had to be careful not to knick the brake booster when I came thru with the step bit, this was the only spot I really had to effectively run that cable with the extra bracketry for my clutch pedal(my Versa is a 5 speed), so others may have more room.

I also added an aftermarket power lock kit to my Versa so I ran alot of the wiring fir this at the same time, it was very involved and I've had the entire interior stripped out at least twice while setting everything up.

I can try to get you pics of anything you wanna see.
Hi all.

My first post, so bit info about me - proud owner of 2015 Versa Note S. I was wondering how difficult would it be to replace stock radio with a better receiver preferably one that includes back up camera - I am not made of $ so not looking to spend, something similar to this:
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01IPJX8W4...d=TVDW27U1Y3VG (Boss Audio B9351WRC Double Din, Touchscreen, Bluetooth, DVD/CD/MP3/USB/SD AM/FM Car Stereo, 6.2 Inch Digital LCD Monitor, Wireless Remote, Wireless Rear License Plate Camera).
I was wondering if anyone can suggest something - I do realize that you get what you pay for, so I am looking for a compromise of price vs features - I do not need CD/DVD, or XM or Sirius, but responsive screen, USB etc. In the future, I might consider replacing speakers (budget permitting). I was wondering how difficult it it would be to self-install.
One more question,if I may - I do not mind manual windows, but I'd like to be able to unlock doors from driver side, instead one by one - what would it cost to install, and (I know, cheapskate again), but would it be possible to self install?
Estraven is offline  
post #9 of 12 Old 11-17-2017, 07:35 PM
Level I Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Location: Los Angeles, CA.
Posts: 35
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pdowney View Post
I too am thinking about changing out my speakers in my 15 note. I'd like to keep the head unit and just swap the 4 speakers.

Any tips from those who've done this.
I'm also on a super tight budget, anyone able to recommend a good set of speakers that will work well with the stock head unit?

I'm looking at infinity 6.5 coaxial (REF-6522ix Reference X series).

I have done a couple automobile sound system up grades and don't want to blow $$$ on new head unit & power amp.

2015 Versa Note SV
scottmandue is offline  
post #10 of 12 Old 11-18-2017, 12:24 AM
Level VI Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Location: Central, VA
Posts: 1,105
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 167 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Since you know what brand you want, just shop around. I usually buy open box deals myself and in many cases its from crutchfeld as they include adapters and mounting hardware for free.

Otherwise I look for 2 things on new speakers. frequency response the lower the better for range of sound. They I look at sensitivity. The higher the louder they will sound. THe lower it is the more power you will need for the bass to engage.

I use to be a jensen and kenwood fan til I got a set of kickers. Now I have no problem paying 50 bucks a speaker.
Cobb is offline  
Reply

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome