Hi! 2013 Versa SV owner - Nissan Versa Forums
New Members New to the Versa world? Come in, introduce yourself and we can answer FAQs you have!

User Tag List

 4Likes
  • 1 Post By pimperell
  • 1 Post By pimperell
  • 2 Post By Ecate
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 Old 04-05-2019, 11:39 PM Thread Starter
New Member
 
FleurToxique's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2019
Posts: 5
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Hi! 2013 Versa SV owner

Hello everybody!
I'm Fleur from New Orleans, Louisiana.
I bought my '13 Versa brand new (only 9 miles on her - just a baby!) in May 2013.
She never gave me problems, great on gas, so damn roomy, and space for storage.
I *finally* had a reliable vehicle.
We took her camping!
We took her on road trips!
She has been my getaway vehicle, my place to cry, my place to sleep, the only sanctuary that I have had.
And now she's broke down in my driveway.
She's my most expensive lawn chair.
😔
FleurToxique is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 8 Old 04-06-2019, 01:28 AM
Level II Member
 
Ecate's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2019
Location: Ohio
Posts: 61
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
hi Fleur, nice avatar

what happened to your Versa??

Versa 2012 HB S
Ecate is offline  
post #3 of 8 Old 04-06-2019, 02:12 PM
Level V Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 651
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 93 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by FleurToxique View Post
Hello everybody!
I'm Fleur from New Orleans, Louisiana.
I bought my '13 Versa brand new (only 9 miles on her - just a baby!) in May 2013.
She never gave me problems, great on gas, so damn roomy, and space for storage.
I *finally* had a reliable vehicle.
We took her camping!
We took her on road trips!
She has been my getaway vehicle, my place to cry, my place to sleep, the only sanctuary that I have had.
And now she's broke down in my driveway.
She's my most expensive lawn chair.
😔
Fill in some of the details as to what happened, and I am sure you will get some useful advice from members of the forum.
angelykeyla2610 likes this.
pimperell is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #4 of 8 Old 04-08-2019, 04:23 AM Thread Starter
New Member
 
FleurToxique's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2019
Posts: 5
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ecate View Post
what happened to your Versa??
Quote:
Originally Posted by pimperell View Post
Fill in some of the details as to what happened, and I am sure you will get some useful advice from members of the forum.
Well, in February my husband was on his way to pick up my oldest daughter about 30 minutes away, and got caught in stop and go traffic.
All of a sudden the car would not go faster than 20 mph.
We had to get it towed back here and we haven't had the money to bring it to a mechanic, or even know how much it's going to cost us.
Now, the battery won't hold a charge.

These are some short videos of it trying to drive
This is the battery acting funny

Any ideas?
FleurToxique is offline  
post #5 of 8 Old 04-08-2019, 11:32 AM
Level V Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 651
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 93 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by FleurToxique View Post
Well, in February my husband was on his way to pick up my oldest daughter about 30 minutes away, and got caught in stop and go traffic.
All of a sudden the car would not go faster than 20 mph.
We had to get it towed back here and we haven't had the money to bring it to a mechanic, or even know how much it's going to cost us.
Now, the battery won't hold a charge.

These are some short videos of it trying to drive
This is the battery acting funny

Any ideas?
The first thing I would suggest is to have your alternator checked and if that turns out to be ok, get a new battery. Most of the large auto parts stores will check both for free. I am not saying that it will solve your problem, but the electronics in the vehicle require a certain amount of voltage to function properly, and if the battery is dead, or the alternator is not functioning properly, that would cause some issues.
angelykeyla2610 likes this.
pimperell is offline  
post #6 of 8 Old 04-08-2019, 12:27 PM
Level II Member
 
Ecate's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2019
Location: Ohio
Posts: 61
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by pimperell View Post
The first thing I would suggest is to have your alternator checked and if that turns out to be ok, get a new battery. Most of the large auto parts stores will check both for free. I am not saying that it will solve your problem, but the electronics in the vehicle require a certain amount of voltage to function properly, and if the battery is dead, or the alternator is not functioning properly, that would cause some issues.
I agree with you.
Also, the malfunction described checks out with a problem with the body throttle.

A) ECM controls the electric throttle actuator by regulating the throttle opening around the idle position. The engine speed will not rise more than 2,000 rpm.

B) While the vehicle is driving, it slows down gradually by fuel cut. After the vehicle stops, the engine stalls. The engine can restart in N or P position (A/T, CVT), neutral (M/T), and engine speed will not exceed 1,000 rpm or more.

This is something else that could be checked out.
pimperell and angelykeyla2610 like this.

Versa 2012 HB S
Ecate is offline  
post #7 of 8 Old 04-08-2019, 05:41 PM Thread Starter
New Member
 
FleurToxique's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2019
Posts: 5
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ecate View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by pimperell View Post
The first thing I would suggest is to have your alternator checked and if that turns out to be ok, get a new battery. Most of the large auto parts stores will check both for free. I am not saying that it will solve your problem, but the electronics in the vehicle require a certain amount of voltage to function properly, and if the battery is dead, or the alternator is not functioning properly, that would cause some issues.
I agree with you.
Also, the malfunction described checks out with a problem with the body throttle.

A) ECM controls the electric throttle actuator by regulating the throttle opening around the idle position. The engine speed will not rise more than 2,000 rpm.

B) While the vehicle is driving, it slows down gradually by fuel cut. After the vehicle stops, the engine stalls. The engine can restart in N or P position (A/T, CVT), neutral (M/T), and engine speed will not exceed 1,000 rpm or more.

This is something else that could be checked out.
The idling RPM is between 1,000 and 1,500 as soon as it's started in park. As you let it idle, it will go down to a resting idle of 1,000 RPM.
The car will exceed 5,000 RPM but not go over 20 MPH.
My husband's first impression was that we had problem with the CVT.
I'm thinking we're getting air in the engine some where it shouldn't be and it's disrupting either fuel flow, combustion, or the hydraulic pressure of something.

You would think that if it was idling that high that it would be going a hell of a lot faster than 20 MPH.
FleurToxique is offline  
post #8 of 8 Old 04-08-2019, 06:11 PM
Level II Member
 
Ecate's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2019
Location: Ohio
Posts: 61
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
yeah...CVTs are kinda shitty....probably done it on purpose.

Versa 2012 HB S
Ecate is offline  
Reply

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
At first I was ecstatic about my brand-new 2013 Versa SV w/CVT, then... Musicman13 General Technical & Electrical 3 07-26-2014 02:45 PM
2013 Nissan Versa SV geeman Interior Forum 6 06-10-2014 11:40 PM
Proud 2013 SV owner! SilverV New Members 6 01-01-2013 12:03 AM

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome