Nissan Versa Forums

Nissan Versa Forums (https://www.nissanversaforums.com/forum.php)
-   NissanVersaForums.com Site Issues (https://www.nissanversaforums.com/nissanversaforums-com-site-issues/)
-   -   2015 Nissan versa alternator (https://www.nissanversaforums.com/nissanversaforums-com-site-issues/42340-2015-nissan-versa-alternator.html)

[email protected] 10-16-2018 09:33 PM

2015 Nissan versa alternator
 
I have removed the alternator from the engine but I can't get the alternator out of the engine compartment is there a trick to it or what do I have to remove to get it out

pimperell 10-18-2018 03:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by [email protected]mail.com (Post 285446)
I have removed the alternator from the engine but I can't get the alternator out of the engine compartment is there a trick to it or what do I have to remove to get it out

I looked in all the usual places and cannot come up with an answer for you. Couple of videos on Youtube show guys changing out their belts, but not actually removing the alternator. Unfortunately, the shop manuals are not longer available on line.

amc49 10-19-2018 02:07 AM

https://www.rockauto.com/en/moreinfo...308820&jsn=381

Look close at that pic and specifically at the further away bolt holes, the circles around them. Those are light pressfit bushings that the long bolt goes through, they pull up really tight when the bolt is tightened and then the alt essentially becomes locked in place to be part of the bracket. The task there is to pry or whack the alt without damaging it to slide those inserts back out a slight bit, then the alt will fall right out.

Fords have used that method for years; it holds alts in place really well. Make sure the new alt has the inserts pressed out to be even with the rest of the leg casting or the alt may not fit down in place. It will be super loose but the bolts pull those back up tight to tighten the whole thing up. I use a pair of vise-grips slightly offset to press the inserts back out.

amc49 10-19-2018 02:28 AM

Uh, the manuals are back up but get them while you can...................it likely won't last long.

Pandemonium 10-28-2018 08:11 PM

I might have to replace mine soon, did you get yours out?

Pandemonium 10-28-2018 08:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pimperell (Post 285470)
I looked in all the usual places and cannot come up with an answer for you. Couple of videos on Youtube show guys changing out their belts, but not actually removing the alternator. Unfortunately, the shop manuals are not longer available on line.

Where are the manuals online?

Pandemonium 10-28-2018 08:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by amc49 (Post 285476)
Uh, the manuals are back up but get them while you can...................it likely won't last long.

Where are the manuals? Thanks

pimperell 10-29-2018 11:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pandemonium (Post 285612)
Where are the manuals? Thanks

As far as the shop manuals go, Nissan has a copyright on them and they were taken down off the internet. Every once in a while they pop up here and there, but don't stay up for a very long time.

amc49 10-30-2018 04:49 AM

https://forums.nicoclub.com/versa-te...scussions.html

Enroll for free and at the top of page. And quit making so much noise, or they will disappear again. It's all the whiners that likely cannot even use them but posting all over heaven and earth and over and over that alert people to those things. It's a network traffic thing. The quieter things stay the longer they last. I shouldn't have even mentioned it.

Pandemonium 11-07-2018 09:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by amc49 (Post 285636)
https://forums.nicoclub.com/versa-te...scussions.html

Enroll for free and at the top of page. And quit making so much noise, or they will disappear again. It's all the whiners that likely cannot even use them but posting all over heaven and earth and over and over that alert people to those things. It's a network traffic thing. The quieter things stay the longer they last. I shouldn't have even mentioned it.

No 2015 model lol I wonder why not?


All times are GMT. The time now is 05:44 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome