2014-2016 Nissan Versa LED Hyper Flash/sedan flasher module location - Nissan Versa Forums
User Tag List

 3Likes
  • 1 Post By Cobb
  • 1 Post By Fusewerks
  • 1 Post By Scuba
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 Old 05-01-2017, 11:39 PM Thread Starter
Level I Member
 
MrDaggs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Location: Clinton, IN
Posts: 10
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Garage
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via AIM to MrDaggs Send a message via Yahoo to MrDaggs Send a message via Skype™ to MrDaggs
2014-2016 Nissan Versa LED Hyper Flash/sedan flasher module location

Hello everyone,

I have a question I figured would already have been asked here in the forums, but was unable to find anything relevant.

So here's my issue. I purchased a 2015 Nissan Versa S sedan back in September 2014. When my front parking bulbs (T10/W5W) started going out around 35k miles, I replaced every single one with LEDs, including the headlights, taillights, signal bulbs and reverse lights. They use much less power and are brighter than standard incandescent light bulbs.

The bulb type guide can be found in the linked user manual for this car via the Nissan USA official site:

https://owners.nissanusa.com/nowners...n/manualsGuide

However, with that said, LEDs in this car do pose one problem as with many foreign manufactured cars: hyper flashing turn signal bulbs. The module (or relay/control module, etc.) that controls the bulbs flashing during a TURN SIGNAL (NOT during use of the hazard flashers) sees the lower power consumption from the LED bulbs as an indication that the bulbs are out, and it begins to flash the bulbs much faster than normal.

So to my question now: does anyone know where the flasher module is located on the 2015 Nissan Versa sedan? Or what it is that controls it, and where to find it? Is there a replacement part for this that will work with LED bulbs? I want to avoid having to install load resistors if possible, I know they are an option but I would like to avoid any wire splicing unless absolutely necessary.

Thanks in advance for your help!

-Doug


Sent from my LG-H900 using Tapatalk

2015 Versa 1.6S Sedan "Raven" SCCA + daily driven
2004 Ford Ranger XLT FX4 "Helena" Work truck + hauler
Instagram @carbon_kenpachi
http://www.facebook.com/greningermotorsports
https://www.facebook.com/groups/326006851098507/
YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCpN...9dvL2dnFmB3wOA
MrDaggs is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 10 Old 12-17-2017, 02:37 PM
New Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2017
Posts: 8
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Flasher

Same problem. Any answers?
sunsetjim is offline  
post #3 of 10 Old 12-17-2017, 05:47 PM
Level VI Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Location: Central, VA
Posts: 1,105
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 167 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Wow, look at those rims and tires.....

The front splitter isnt bad either.

Last I checked most new cars made in the last few years have it integrated int the fuse box. Its not a relay you can unplug and replace like back in the day.
MrDaggs likes this.
Cobb is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #4 of 10 Old 04-12-2018, 06:57 PM
New Member
 
Fusewerks's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2017
Posts: 4
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Just add load resistors.
MrDaggs likes this.
Fusewerks is offline  
post #5 of 10 Old 01-28-2019, 11:50 PM Thread Starter
Level I Member
 
MrDaggs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Location: Clinton, IN
Posts: 10
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Garage
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via AIM to MrDaggs Send a message via Yahoo to MrDaggs Send a message via Skype™ to MrDaggs
Quote:
Originally Posted by sunsetjim View Post
Same problem. Any answers?
Sorry for the long reply. Yeah I ended up just installing load resistors, the result under yours was right its an integrated module. Can't be replaced.

Since I created this post, good 'ole Indiana...hit a HUGE pothole about 1 years ago. The rims from my post are toast switched to Konig grams.

Even these photos are a bit dated, but this was from the resistor install. There are more pics on my Instagram account, should be linked in my signature. I'll post pics later of the mounting location I chose when I can, it's super cold here (Indiana is in the middle of that huge winter storm, it's approaching 0F lol).

Sent from my VS988 using Tapatalk

2015 Versa 1.6S Sedan "Raven" SCCA + daily driven
2004 Ford Ranger XLT FX4 "Helena" Work truck + hauler
Instagram @carbon_kenpachi
http://www.facebook.com/greningermotorsports
https://www.facebook.com/groups/326006851098507/
YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCpN...9dvL2dnFmB3wOA
MrDaggs is offline  
post #6 of 10 Old 02-01-2019, 07:48 PM
Level II Member
 
Scuba's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2019
Posts: 76
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Iam sorry i know this is off topic but where did you get those DRLs?
MrDaggs likes this.
Scuba is offline  
post #7 of 10 Old 02-07-2019, 01:47 AM
Level II Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2018
Posts: 84
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Yeah, nearly all vehicles that don't have LED turn signal bulbs will need a resistor module to put enough load on the signal to trick the car into thinking that there is still an incandescent bulb installed. LED's draw too little voltage/amperage and in effect makes the car think the bulb is burned out due to a lack of draw.

I've been extremely happy with my Sylvania Zevo LED bulbs. Expensive but worth it considering i've tried multiple cheap brands in the past.
versa122 is offline  
post #8 of 10 Old 04-01-2019, 06:51 AM
Level I Member
 
waseemwsm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2018
Posts: 30
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrDaggs View Post
Hello everyone,

I have a question I figured would already have been asked here in the forums, but was unable to find anything relevant.

So here's my issue. I purchased a 2015 Nissan Versa S sedan back in September 2014. When my front parking bulbs (T10/W5W) started going out around 35k miles, I replaced every single one with LEDs, including the headlights, taillights, signal bulbs and reverse lights. They use much less power and are brighter than standard incandescent light bulbs.

The bulb type guide can be found in the linked user manual for this car via the Nissan USA official site:

https://owners.nissanusa.com/nowners...n/manualsGuide

However, with that said, LEDs in this car do pose one problem as with many foreign manufactured cars: hyper flashing turn signal bulbs. The module (or relay/control module, etc.) that controls the bulbs flashing during a TURN SIGNAL (NOT during use of the hazard flashers) sees the lower power consumption from the LED bulbs as an indication that the bulbs are out, and it begins to flash the bulbs much faster than normal.

So to my question now: does anyone know where the flasher module is located on the 2015 Nissan Versa sedan? Or what it is that controls it, and where to find it? Is there a replacement part for this that will work with LED bulbs? I want to avoid having to install load resistors if possible, I know they are an option but I would like to avoid any wire splicing unless absolutely necessary.

Thanks in advance for your help!

-Doug


Sent from my LG-H900 using Tapatalk
Dammn,

I'm in same Mission with My TIIDA 2012 Sedan, "Replace all OEM bulbs to LED"

- Headlight : Replaced with H4 LED
- Parking light : Replaced
- Installed a New set of Combo DRL (DRL + Turn Signal)
- Turn Signal : Replaced but Flashing as you mentioned here
- Trunk Light : Replaced with LED

- Cabin Light : Waiting for Shipment
- Break Light : Waiting for Shipment
- Reverse Light : Waiting for Shipment

Dammnnnnn I love LEDs but this Turn Signal Flash bothers me, I don't wanna do some hard wiring stuffs but looking for any other options.
waseemwsm is offline  
post #9 of 10 Old 06-02-2019, 04:20 PM Thread Starter
Level I Member
 
MrDaggs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Location: Clinton, IN
Posts: 10
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Garage
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via AIM to MrDaggs Send a message via Yahoo to MrDaggs Send a message via Skype™ to MrDaggs
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scuba View Post
Iam sorry i know this is off topic but where did you get those DRLs?
Search eBay for running signal lights for the 2012+ Versa sedan and you'll find them. There are a few models and I tested out all 3 before finding the one that fit as it should (ironic lol). Basically, look for the ones like the ones I posted of my car (the fog lights I use are Morimoto XB LEDs also if you are curious). If the LED strip goes all the way to each edge of the fog light cover, it's the one that won't fit well and leaks bad. I bought mine for $99 and added flowable window silicone to the LED strip to prevent water damage. Even when I bought my last identical set, I still had to replace them as water eventually got inside and deadened some of the LEDs.

Just something important to keep in mind should you want to tackle this yourself. You'll spend about $120-130 to do it right but it's well worth it imo!

EDIT: it seems that only the models that hardly fit the bumper are available on eBay anymore, if any saying you can slightly modify the ends of them to make it fit in an weather seal it, like I cheaply as those models are made I would honestly keep the OEM fog covers and make the Chrome strips into LED strips myself. The build quality of the $50 running lights is literally that bad.

I'll update this post with the link for ya! Sorry for the long reply, I try to check the forums when I can but it's seldom anymore.

Sent from my uleFone Armor_3T using Tapatalk

2015 Versa 1.6S Sedan "Raven" SCCA + daily driven
2004 Ford Ranger XLT FX4 "Helena" Work truck + hauler
Instagram @carbon_kenpachi
http://www.facebook.com/greningermotorsports
https://www.facebook.com/groups/326006851098507/
YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCpN...9dvL2dnFmB3wOA

Last edited by MrDaggs; 06-02-2019 at 06:19 PM. Reason: Grammar and spelling corrections, added image.
MrDaggs is offline  
post #10 of 10 Old 06-02-2019, 04:31 PM Thread Starter
Level I Member
 
MrDaggs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Location: Clinton, IN
Posts: 10
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Garage
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via AIM to MrDaggs Send a message via Yahoo to MrDaggs Send a message via Skype™ to MrDaggs
Quote:
Originally Posted by waseemwsm View Post
Dammn,



I'm in same Mission with My TIIDA 2012 Sedan, "Replace all OEM bulbs to LED"



- Headlight : Replaced with H4 LED

- Parking light : Replaced

- Installed a New set of Combo DRL (DRL + Turn Signal)

- Turn Signal : Replaced but Flashing as you mentioned here

- Trunk Light : Replaced with LED



- Cabin Light : Waiting for Shipment

- Break Light : Waiting for Shipment

- Reverse Light : Waiting for Shipment



Dammnnnnn I love LEDs but this Turn Signal Flash bothers me, I don't wanna do some hard wiring stuffs but looking for any other options.
Yeah, unfortunately you'll have to wire in some load resistors to do the job. The factory module is hard wired and can't be spliced to the new lights, but there is a good flat mounting location just to the side of each headlight (see image).

Just be extra careful with your choice for the headlight LEDs. All the other bulbs are not an issue, but the H4 bulbs used in the Versa have a shroud over the low-beam filament to focus the light beam. Buying aftermarket LEDs that don't mimic this same shroud on the low-beam side will blind other motorists, and you're bound to get pulled over and ticketed. (take my word for it lol).

Sent from my uleFone Armor_3T using Tapatalk

2015 Versa 1.6S Sedan "Raven" SCCA + daily driven
2004 Ford Ranger XLT FX4 "Helena" Work truck + hauler
Instagram @carbon_kenpachi
http://www.facebook.com/greningermotorsports
https://www.facebook.com/groups/326006851098507/
YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCpN...9dvL2dnFmB3wOA
MrDaggs is offline  
Reply

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome