200000km CVT warranty - Nissan Versa Forums
Other Automotive Discussion Talk about any other type of auto here.

User Tag List

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 18 Old 05-10-2011, 01:38 AM Thread Starter
Level VI Member
 
08versailles's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Haldimand ON Canada
Posts: 2,469
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 53 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Thumbs up 200000km CVT warranty

Old news but, just heard Nissan doubled their CVT warranty to 200000km, 10yrs. '03s to '10s only. Suddenly the Altima 3.5 and Maxima look really good to replace our van, instead of a Charger.
Nissan Canada doubles CVT warranty to 200,000km - RedFlagDeals.com Forums
I don't know much about late model Maximas, but I do like an Altima SL or SE 3.5, 2007 and up. Anyone with personal experience in these? cvt or stick?

Also, anyone know what prompted the warranty extension? If I were a car manufacturer, I'm not sure I would be so generous, unless it were necessary.
Would I be better off with a stick? [please say yes] 08v

08 Versa SL hatch 1.8 manual TRADED 288516km Muffler delete video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mIl3p...ature=youtu.be
09 Altima 2.5S cvt NEW [email protected] WRITTEN OFF at 139k 34.4mpgImp. https://www.nissanversaforums.com/non...09-altima.html
13 Charger SXT 3.6 8sp ZFauto 89000km
01 Sentra XE manual, parted ways at 313000km
72 Datsun 1200 Deluxe two door sedan manual, took a beatin' while I learned to drive
08versailles is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 18 Old 05-10-2011, 01:55 AM
Level VI Member
 
iluvmyVersa08's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Mount Hope, ON
Posts: 6,567
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Garage
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by 08versailles View Post
Old news but, just heard Nissan doubled their CVT warranty to 200000km, 10yrs. '03s to '10s only. Suddenly the Altima 3.5 and Maxima look really good to replace our van, instead of a Charger.
Nissan Canada doubles CVT warranty to 200,000km - RedFlagDeals.com Forums
I don't know much about late model Maximas, but I do like an Altima SL or SE 3.5, 2007 and up. Anyone with personal experience in these? cvt or stick?

Also, anyone know what prompted the warranty extension? If I were a car manufacturer, I'm not sure I would be so generous, unless it were necessary.
Would I be better off with a stick? [please say yes] 08v
This is the same extension as before, right?

Nissan Canada had sent me a letter regarding this a while ago. Good to know that she is covered. I doubt I will ever hit that high of mileage, but at least she is covered for 10 years. CVT is smooth ... I love it ... When I have to drive a regular auto, I really notice the difference.


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk



iluvmyVersa08 is offline  
post #3 of 18 Old 05-10-2011, 04:21 AM
Level IV Member
 
Rand0m0sityxX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Haughton, La
Posts: 247
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
The US's was extended too, I think it was just a precaution, maybe some of the CVTs were having problems with higher mileage?

If you're looking into a used car, you might want to check the warranty, when we got our letter and all, the fine print stated it was valid for the first owner of the car, and was not transferable if we sold it. So sadly, the guy who bought our Versa doesn't have the warrantly. =/

Quote:
"if i fill half' my tank with Shell V-Power gas, and the other half with Chevron with Techron will i have V-TEC gas?"
My sig isn't working, so this will be it =]
Rand0m0sityxX is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #4 of 18 Old 05-13-2011, 02:45 PM Thread Starter
Level VI Member
 
08versailles's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Haldimand ON Canada
Posts: 2,469
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 53 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by iluvmyVersa08 View Post
This is the same extension as before, right?
It must be, I just wasn't aware of it
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rand0m0sityxX View Post
The US's was extended too, I think it was just a precaution, maybe some of the CVTs were having problems with higher mileage?

If you're looking into a used car, you might want to check the warranty, when we got our letter and all, the fine print stated it was valid for the first owner of the car, and was not transferable
That's the million dollar question! Since I will be buying used, I need to know if it's transferable. If not, I'll have to tell the wife, sorry you have no choice but to buy an Altima 3.5 SL or SE with a stick!

08 Versa SL hatch 1.8 manual TRADED 288516km Muffler delete video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mIl3p...ature=youtu.be
09 Altima 2.5S cvt NEW [email protected] WRITTEN OFF at 139k 34.4mpgImp. https://www.nissanversaforums.com/non...09-altima.html
13 Charger SXT 3.6 8sp ZFauto 89000km
01 Sentra XE manual, parted ways at 313000km
72 Datsun 1200 Deluxe two door sedan manual, took a beatin' while I learned to drive
08versailles is offline  
post #5 of 18 Old 05-13-2011, 08:23 PM
Level IV Member
 
Rand0m0sityxX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Haughton, La
Posts: 247
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by 08versailles View Post
It must be, I just wasn't aware of it


That's the million dollar question! Since I will be buying used, I need to know if it's transferable. If not, I'll have to tell the wife, sorry you have no choice but to buy an Altima 3.5 SL or SE with a stick!
LOL yea, I'm not sure about Canada, but I know ours was not transferable, so when we sold our V the guy couldn't take the warranty with him, I hope the CVT doesn't fuck up lol..

You should inquire that at a dealership to see, Might can google it too but I'm not sure. An Altima would be nice tho!

Quote:
"if i fill half' my tank with Shell V-Power gas, and the other half with Chevron with Techron will i have V-TEC gas?"
My sig isn't working, so this will be it =]
Rand0m0sityxX is offline  
post #6 of 18 Old 05-13-2011, 11:03 PM
Level VI Member
 
iluvmyVersa08's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Mount Hope, ON
Posts: 6,567
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Garage
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by 08versailles View Post
It must be, I just wasn't aware of it


That's the million dollar question! Since I will be buying used, I need to know if it's transferable. If not, I'll have to tell the wife, sorry you have no choice but to buy an Altima 3.5 SL or SE with a stick!
I have the paper Nissan mailed me. I can check to see if it says anything about vehicle ownership and if you sell.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk



iluvmyVersa08 is offline  
post #7 of 18 Old 05-24-2011, 10:28 PM
Level VI Member
 
iluvmyVersa08's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Mount Hope, ON
Posts: 6,567
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Garage
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
I checked the letter I got from Nissan and it says "This extended transmission warranty is fully transferable to future owners of your vehicle." That is taken directly from the letter I received from Nissan Canada in December 2009. Good thing it's transferable. Car was transferred from my dad to me in March 2011.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk



iluvmyVersa08 is offline  
post #8 of 18 Old 05-28-2011, 10:07 PM
Level IV Member
 
Rand0m0sityxX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Haughton, La
Posts: 247
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by iluvmyVersa08 View Post
I checked the letter I got from Nissan and it says "This extended transmission warranty is fully transferable to future owners of your vehicle." That is taken directly from the letter I received from Nissan Canada in December 2009. Good thing it's transferable. Car was transferred from my dad to me in March 2011.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Awesome! Then yea, he can go get one used and still have the warranty up there.

Quote:
"if i fill half' my tank with Shell V-Power gas, and the other half with Chevron with Techron will i have V-TEC gas?"
My sig isn't working, so this will be it =]
Rand0m0sityxX is offline  
post #9 of 18 Old 05-29-2011, 12:21 PM Thread Starter
Level VI Member
 
08versailles's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Haldimand ON Canada
Posts: 2,469
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 53 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by iluvmyVersa08 View Post
I checked the letter I got from Nissan and it says "This extended transmission warranty is fully transferable to future owners of your vehicle." That is taken directly from the letter I received from Nissan Canada in December 2009. Good thing it's transferable. Car was transferred from my dad to me in March 2011.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rand0m0sityxX View Post
Awesome! Then yea, he can go get one used and still have the warranty up there.
Good news! I'm not a big fan of buying new, so this is good news

08 Versa SL hatch 1.8 manual TRADED 288516km Muffler delete video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mIl3p...ature=youtu.be
09 Altima 2.5S cvt NEW [email protected] WRITTEN OFF at 139k 34.4mpgImp. https://www.nissanversaforums.com/non...09-altima.html
13 Charger SXT 3.6 8sp ZFauto 89000km
01 Sentra XE manual, parted ways at 313000km
72 Datsun 1200 Deluxe two door sedan manual, took a beatin' while I learned to drive
08versailles is offline  
post #10 of 18 Old 07-17-2011, 12:53 PM Thread Starter
Level VI Member
 
08versailles's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Haldimand ON Canada
Posts: 2,469
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 53 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
CVT test drive

Yesterday test drove 2009 Altima 2.5 S cvt. Very competent car. Roomy, comfy, well equipped, quiet, smooth CVT/4cyl usage. Three of us fit in the back with minimal fuss. Need to try 3.5/cvt and a few more options. Not getting car without heated seats, especially if I will "inherit" it to drive to work when wife is done with it. Like that 200000km cvt warranty!

Then drove 2007 Infiniti G35S manual sedan, black on black leather. Very very nice car! First year for facelift, last year before 3.7 motor. Not as wide and roomy as Altima, and short on driver's head roombut way more of a driver's car The shifter was a little heavier than i anticipated. More road noise from front than i liked, but didn't have new tires on it yet [18inch]. Glad i brought my son to figure out the screen and menus! Indicated average of 23 mpg US But so many more plusses for this car too! Dreamy driver's seat, handling, above average power...but we'll probably get a CVT Altima. I said to wife, if the Versa was six inches wider, I would get another one

08 Versa SL hatch 1.8 manual TRADED 288516km Muffler delete video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mIl3p...ature=youtu.be
09 Altima 2.5S cvt NEW [email protected] WRITTEN OFF at 139k 34.4mpgImp. https://www.nissanversaforums.com/non...09-altima.html
13 Charger SXT 3.6 8sp ZFauto 89000km
01 Sentra XE manual, parted ways at 313000km
72 Datsun 1200 Deluxe two door sedan manual, took a beatin' while I learned to drive
08versailles is offline  
Reply

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome