Nissan Versa Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone had this pop up when running diagnostics? How did you fix it? A little background, the fuel pump was replaced right before I bought it. Sometimes when I press the gas I can hear the engine getting louder but it doesn’t go, but it’s More than just hesitant, sometimes I have to pump the pedal to get it to move. Cruise never works anymore, the cruise lights just blink when I try to turn it on. I just replaced the battery and still, when I slow down to a stop the RPMs drop really low and it dies. The radio “popped” the other day and doesn’t work anymore. Fuses aren’t blown. I assume it’s a short in the wiring but the only thing the computer tells me is that it’s stuck in open loop. I’m not a car person and I’m just trying to get some feedback thanks

·
Registered
2016 Nissan Versa S (manual transmission)
79 Posts
I read the title of your thread about "insufficient temperature". The first thought that popped into my head was possibly your thermostat is stuck open. I had that happen on an older GM truck that I own. I'm thinking the computer may be trying to add more fuel because it thinks the engine is too cold, thus the mixture is too rich causing the hesitation.

Do the fans come on and off as the car's temperature rises and falls?

The problem is a thermostat stuck open does not explain the rest of your electrical problems/issues.

It could be you have more than one problem with the car.

·
Registered
405 Posts
Could be a bad coolant temperature sensor. Is the engine coolant getting warm enough that you have heat in the car? If the thermostat is stuck open you probably will have little or no heat. If the coolant temperature sensor is bad the coolant is actually getting up to temperature but the sensor isn't relaying the correct information to the ECU thus staying in open loop.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I read the title of your thread about "insufficient temperature". The first thought that popped into my head was possibly your thermostat is stuck open. I had that happen on an older GM truck that I own. I'm thinking the computer may be trying to add more fuel because it thinks the engine is too cold, thus the mixture is too rich causing the hesitation.

Do the fans come on and off as the car's temperature rises and falls?

The problem is a thermostat stuck open does not explain the rest of your electrical problems/issues.

It could be you have more than one problem with the car.
Could be a bad coolant temperature sensor. Is the engine coolant getting warm enough that you have heat in the car? If the thermostat is stuck open you probably will have little or no heat. If the coolant temperature sensor is bad the coolant is actually getting up to temperature but the sensor isn't relaying the correct information to the ECU thus staying in open loop.
The heat works, I think it’s the coolant sensor.

·
Registered
2016 Nissan Versa S (manual transmission)
79 Posts
The heat works, I think it’s the coolant sensor.
Do you have access to a OBD2 reader with live data information?? If so, warm the car up (thermostat opens at 177-182 degrees), then check the live data and see what the PCM/ECM thinks the temperature of the coolant is??

I imagine if the coolant sensor is bad, you will get an erroneous reading in the live data.

·
Registered
245 Posts
Yes, get the exact codes. If these temp sensor is totally bad it will put in a fake set number, substituted value, just so things will still work. You'd see a number that doesn't change but I can't remember what that number is off hand.

It could be a/f or o2 sensor related too.

Sent from my moto g fast using Tapatalk

1 - 7 of 7 Posts