Nissan Versa Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,848 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I need you all opinion on something. Been watching this 05 Spec-V that might be interested on. My question is would it be worth it to switch from my 2011 Versa with 40k+- to this 05 Spec-V with 90k. The price is right so everything would stay the same for me financially I think so that's good. I'm just really worried about the high millage and approximately 36 more months of payments on such high milage car. Pretty much asking if you all know how long these Spec-Vs can last to see if any issues might present itself within those 36 months. Oh and it is modded as much as mine if not more :woot:

So, what do you all think????

·
Registered
1,848 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Maybe a lil eye candy can help with the feedback lol

·
Premium Member
3,272 Posts
3 years of payments on a car that is already 8 years old and has 90k miles? I wouldn't do it myself. But if you like it and will enjoy it more then your V go for it.

·
Registered
1,848 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well I know I will enjoy it more on the performance side, I'm just concern about the high mileage and the remaining 3 years. But if I had enough feed back on it in regards to the motor and weather is reliable for another 3+ years I would go for it. That's why I'm asking here.

·
Premium Member
3,272 Posts
the qr25 is still being used today. It was plagued with issues in the beginning. I have no clue when they were worked out. I do know the current version of the engine was last revised in 2007.

Alot depends on the previous owner too. Did they beat on it, race it, maintain it properly? Has any major components been replaced, any accidents?

·
Registered
1,848 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
All good points, guess I won't know till i check it out for myself.

·
Premium Member
4,524 Posts
Im not familiar with the QR25 but as long as its in good shape and carfax is good I would do it. I almost traded my V for a G35 this past christmas. The payment difference was like $30 (going from $170 on the V to $197 on the G) which isnt bad but I want to go back to school and $30 plus like $70 a week on gas makes a difference. Keep us updated.

·
Administrator
5,026 Posts
The B15 is definitely a better platform. The options are kind of endless. You can put a SR in there like the B15 2.0L SE or even go VQ35 like a lot of B15 guys do.

Are you selling your Versa to get this or are you going to keep both? If you are selling the V. How much for the B15 and how much is your Versa worth? Ive seen 05 Specs going for 5-6 grand... your Versa should be worth more than that.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts