Nissan Versa Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2007 nissan versa with a bad transmission, i can not find any used transmissions cheap and except i find all sorts of 2009 versas with good transmissions but the car is wrecked. The 2007 versas transmission part number is Re0f08a, and the 2009 versa has a part number Re0f08b! One letter difference, my local dealer can not tell me if the transmissions are exchangeable. Does anybody know?

·
Registered
514 Posts
I don't know but, likely if you'd contact some wrecking yards they usually have some type publication that will tell them what parts and what parts are no interchangeable from one year to the next. On a vehicle of the same generation and only a year or two difference in model I'd be very surprised it they were not interchangeable. It's very likely the difference in part number is some minor change maybe internally to the transmission or it could be they just updated the part number.

·
Registered
1,329 Posts
The letter difference is the same basic trans with physical mods that can be small or large enough to not work with the existing software. LIke adding a clutch pack or modding it or changing a bearing layout.

·
Registered
1,329 Posts
Best way to find anything other than small differences is to compare blowup pics of the 2 trans components to see any differences, but you need to be able to know what you are looking for. I've had say a Ford Contour with a trans used on several models and had to sort through 6 different clutch drums to find the correct one once. A very odd case of several mods occurring in mid year because the trans was breaking left and right. Even exact year for year would not swap in some cases there, they both added a separate coast clutch that was not there, a cushion that required different computer software to engage at the correct fill rate and the solenoids changed voltage to make a swap impossible. The trans had to be a PERFECT interchange to work. It was a mess.

Hemmings brand interchange manual would have what swaps directly with no mods.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Transmission isn't worth replacing on an older car, and you are probably better off buying another one. I've had my 2012 since 2013, and Had the transmission replaced just after 30k miles, I thankfully got the 100k mile warranty for the thing when I bought it. But I was told I will probably have to replace it again before I hit 100k.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.