Nissan Versa Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I know these have been done, there's at least 1 guy who's videos I've watched that shows it off, but he doesn't show the process and what all it took to do it. So my question is has anyone here done it and would you be willing to give me any advice on it (other than just go with a MR20). A list of any custom made parts that will be needed would be much appreciated, thank you in advance.

·
Registered
274 Posts
Sorry to say, this engine swap question has been asked many times before. It's not an easy project and you need to realize how much Nissan evolves models between generations. It will likely require not only an engine and cabin harness, but also the sensors that the ECM is monitoring. Beyond that, you'd need custom fabrication of motor and tranny mounts to swap between the two MR drivetrains. Finally, if your state requires no CELs on the dash, you may be out of luck, as those will likely pop up all the time.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sorry to say, this engine swap question has been asked many times before. It's not an easy project and you need to realize how much Nissan evolves models between generations. It will likely require not only an engine and cabin harness, but also the sensors that the ECM is monitoring. Beyond that, you'd need custom fabrication of motor and tranny mounts to swap between the two MR drivetrains. Finally, if your state requires no CELs on the dash, you may be out of luck, as those will likely pop up all the time.

So my plan is actually to get a wrecked juke with rear end damage, ive found a few for a reasonable price, that way I can use all of its factoey sensors, the harness, ecu, etc. with the swap. I'm pretty good with fiberglass fabrication so I'll be using the factory gauges by making my own panels shaped to fit them into the versa cab without them looking hacked in, it's going to be a wiring nightmare without a doubt. My biggest question really comes down to what custom parts will I need under the hood, like the mounts you mentioned, would I need to have custom driveshafts made? I know this isn't going to be a weekend project, but I also know it has been done and is possible, im just trying to be as ready as I can for when I actually start by making a list of what will and won't swap directly over.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts