Nissan Versa Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I turned the key this morning - radio and lights came on but car wouldn't turn over or start. I had to do try 3 times before it started.

Leaving work - same thing, but I just left the key turned for a few seconds and then it finally turned over and started.

I checked the battery and it's not fully secured, the terminals are on but I think the clamp at the bottom that secures it came loose.

Does this sound like a battery issue or something else? Battery is only a few months old.

·
Registered
688 Posts
I turned the key this morning - radio and lights came on but car wouldn't turn over or start. I had to do try 3 times before it started.

Leaving work - same thing, but I just left the key turned for a few seconds and then it finally turned over and started.

I checked the battery and it's not fully secured, the terminals are on but I think the clamp at the bottom that secures it came loose.

Does this sound like a battery issue or something else? Battery is only a few months old.
I would check your battery cable connections and make sure they are clean and tight. Sometimes when you install a new battery as you stated, the clamps may not have been tightened enough and it causes intermittent connection to occur. Good luck

·
Super Moderator
1,105 Posts
Most auto stores will check your battery and tell you its capacity vs its current state of charge. THis will let you know how far from its original capacity its at and if its being fully charged or not.

Yeah, loose terminals can cause problems as well as dirty, corroded, etc.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts