Nissan Versa Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi everyone

i have a 08 versa auto 99k miles
once i put it in gear say reverse and i release the brake pedal the car starts jerking no gas is being applied just its own power same thing when i put it in drive it jerks back and forth no CEL

any help out here before i see the dealer

·
Premium Member
3,272 Posts
I'm betting this is a transmission issue. Goodluck. If its a cvt that is still under warranty I think.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
took of the IM and it is dripping in oil throttle body has oil also
need to take out plugs took out coils and only 1 had oil on it

any suggestions

could to much oil cause any of this?

·
Registered
1,848 Posts
Swap in an MR20, 800 bucks with decent mileage and pretty much plug n play. Depending on weather you swap it yourself or have some one else do it you're looking at figures of 1500-2000. Savings of 2000 bucks which is not bad at all.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Im jelous of all the MR20 Swaps, now not only is my car .2l smaller its .4L smaller, which is twice as much smaller, wich makes me feel dumb for getting the 1.6L even though I love it!

·
Registered
271 Posts
Swap in an MR20, 800 bucks with decent mileage and pretty much plug n play. Depending on weather you swap it yourself or have some one else do it you're looking at figures of 1500-2000. Savings of 2000 bucks which is not bad at all.
True as long as 08nisversa has the 1.8 motor.

·
Premium Member
3,272 Posts
code P0302

cyl 2 misfire
bit of oil in my IM
and they said i need a new engine $4000
I missed the part where you said you took your foot off the break. Wow another engine bites the dust. If no extended warranty def go mr20. No reason not to. The 1.8 isn't any cheaper or easier of a swap.

Im jelous of all the MR20 Swaps, now not only is my car .2l smaller its .4L smaller, which is twice as much smaller, wich makes me feel dumb for getting the 1.6L even though I love it!
Don't be jelous as of right now there isn't a 1.6 that has self destructed to my knowledge. Even though the end result for them is a better more powerful engine the downtime of a swap is a headache. Plus you still will get better mileage then the 2.0. But if speed is your game then they got us beat. :D

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
yeah it was burning oil cause we had to keep adding oil all the time so i replaced plugs and pcv and it is now making a bad clunk sound i guess she is dead boooo

1 - 20 of 21 Posts