Nissan Versa Forums banner

08 versa, STUTTERING AND STALLS

27K views 16 replies 6 participants last post by  iluvmyVersa08 
#1 ·
well we just have had this versa for a little over a month (enough for the used car warranty to be up) and a week ago the check engine light came on, went to auto and they said it was evap or loose gas cap, so we tightened the cap and the light came off a few days later. well, we were driving around today, got gas, and went to go home and it was in 3rd gear, and the gas wouldn't work, we put it in first and it started shaking and stuttering then stalled. we tried over and over to start the vehicle, IT WOULD start but then stuttered and stalled. so we had to put it in neutral and drift into a parking lot. we called the dealership and said they were going to get it towed and check it out (but it would come out of our pockets..) i'm pissed! we haven't even made the first payment on this car. we kind of jumped into it because we didnt expect to get approved. i wouldve done it all over again because the car price was 12,000 DOLLARS!!!!! and a 2012 versa starts out around that.. i'm just so aggravated we got screwed, its part our fault.

now that vent is over, what do you think the problem could be with the car? my boyfriend went down to go start it again and it did the same thing.. we didnt see the temp light come on, nothing went wrong when it happened..

#3 ·
ill look up and see what that is. i hope its an easy fix. i'm going to press they fix it for free.. they said i might have a 50% warranty for 90 days but not sure. i will have to go over with them tomorrow. i expected this car to last longer than a month when we bought it, :p its our first new car. every car we've owned has been 99' or older.

#6 ·
LOL Its what some people on here always say is the problem anytime someone posts with a problem. The issue with the fuel pressure regulator, is that it sometimes doesn't maintain the pressure in the fuel line when the car isn't running, which leads to excessive cranking when you try to start it as it builds up pressure in the fuel line. Its a common problem on Versas, but your case does not sound like a fuel pressure regulator problem, since it sounds it starts fine, and again, with a fuel pressure regulator issue, it results in extended cranking, not what you have described.

As for your actual problem, its hard to say without more detail. Does it start then die when you put it in gear? Does it die when you apply throttle? Does it just idle for a moment and then die?

#5 ·
i hope so too! i'm willing to stoop a level and remind them of the lemon law if they try to charge me all this money. this is a huge car super store and ive heard a lot of people getting ripped off by them.. ehh. i just hope it gets fixed :( love this car.

#7 ·
whats the name of the dealership where you bought it?

did the check engine light come on?
did you buy it as is? or did they give you any type of warranty?
How many miles does it have?

sorry so many questions. I would be pissed too. :incazzato:

#10 ·
when the tow truck came it wouldn't start at all, crank but no fire.check engine light came in about a week ago advance said it was evap dealing with my toecap. We bought it from Shelor in Christiansburg .. It had 48000 on it right now.haven't Heard back from the dealership I know I'm pissed..
We bought out with a30 day and 90 day warranty

#13 ·
When I bought a cheapy intake from autozone, I had the same symtoms, car started fine and it would sputter and stutter, stall, then die. Turns out that the size of the piping for the intake was too big, and the MAF sensor located with the air intake was taking in wrong readings, so to preserve the engine, it dies. That's what I read was the problem. I since changed the intake to a Takeda intake and the piping is the same size and everything is fine again. FYI when I took off the intake from autozone, I replaced it with the oringinal intake, and everything was fine. You might have a problem with your MAF sensor, Just my opinion.

#14 ·
Maybe because everything on this car it's stock we've had so much trouble out of maf sensors due to my boyfriends gst having a blow off valve ughhhhh I'm sick of car problems!

#15 ·
hey everyone! the dealership ran a diagnostic test and the fuel pump went out. thankfully it was covered under the warranty we had so it got fixed for free. since its labor day weekend we won't get it until wednesday or thursday. bummer!

#16 ·
thats great at least they will fix it for free

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.