Nissan Versa Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm having issues with my versa it will click when I go to start it but if I repeatly keep making it click it will turn over my ac comes on as it pleases and while driving it will spudder could this be electrical?

·
Registered
875 Posts
I'm having issues with my versa it will click when I go to start it but if I repeatly keep making it click it will turn over my ac comes on as it pleases and while driving it will spudder could this be electrical?
"Could this be electrical?"..........yep it sure can be!! You have a number of options to try without spending any money. Number one, check and recheck your battery connections. Take the car into any one of the major auto parts stores, and have the battery tested UNDER LOAD. If the battery and connections check out, check the connections to the starter, and make sure they are clean and tight. If everything checks out, and the starter is still "clicking", then it may be that the starter on on the way out, and may have to be replaced. As for the AC issue, once again check all connections to the compressor and make sure they are clean and tight. Good luck!!!!

·
Registered
224 Posts
To add to pimperall's excellent advice, I'd add that if the battery is older than four years, it may be time to replace it. But the clicking means the starter isn't getting sufficient power to activate. Could be corroded terminals or a bad starter, but look for the easy solutions first. At least it's easier doing this in the spring/summer timeframe than at other times of the year.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts