Nissan Versa Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have an 09 Versa 6spd with 116,000 miles. For the last couple of days thought I felt the car shut off a couple of times but took off again. Thought it was my imagination but today as I was going down the road it started running lousy. If I kept the RPM at 2000 or below it would run perfect in every gear. Above 2000 it would make like it was out of gas. Code scanner read 0101pd. Replaced fuel pump 1 1/2yr ago, replaced plugs a couple of months ago. Will the MAF sensor do that or are there any more ideas on what the problem may be?

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
Hate to hear things like this, it does seem to be happening less though. There was a flurry of threads at one time with all sorts of failure and wierd problems.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Problem solved. Removed MAF sensor and looked at wires in it, didn't look quite right. There was part of a dead bug wedged between 2 of the wires inside the sensor. This was a very small part. Fired up shop vac and it sucked it out. Sprayed CRC MAF cleaner on it and re-installed. Kept my fingers crossed and fired it up, bingo, now runs like a new one, put 50 miles on it for a test run. A few days prior to this problem I removed the air cleaner to check and see how dirty it was. Must have loosened up a dead bug that was in filter. Thanks for the replies.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.