Nissan Versa Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I posted three days ago and no one has commented. I need help please. I have done a complete tuneup change fuel filter change fuel pump and all I get is crank and no start. I have a 2009 Nissan Versa.

·
Registered
731 Posts
I will throw out a few things that may give you some ideas:

Did the car run before you did the tuneup?? If it did, and now it will not run, I would suggest you go over your work to make sure all the electrical connections and wires are intact.

Are any codes showing up??

I would check all fuses to insure that they are all good especially any fuses pertaining to the fuel pump and computer system.

Did you do any other work on the vehicle?

Check the crankshaft position sensor and its plug in connection.

Good luck!!!

·
Registered
2009 Nissan Versa 1.8L 4AT
4 Posts
Hi,
I had the same problem in November. I had the car sitting in the garage for about a week to fix a tail light. When I tried to start the car after all was said and done, it cranked and wouldn't start. When I went to inspect it, the intake smelled like gasoline and the PCV valve was leaking oil. I replaced the PCV valve, fuel pump, and the spark plugs, just was doing things by trial and error, but no luck. It ended up being a compression issue from low oil (high oil consumption likely from the PCV valve) and fuel washed cylinder walls from too much cranking/priming, so a quick oil change did the trick. Drain the oil, replace the oil filter and put the drain plug back on as you would do a normal oil change, take off the intake manifold, pour about a tablespoon of fresh oil into each cylinder, replace the intake manifold gasket before putting the intake manifold back on, then pour the rest of the oil that you need through the oil fill spout like you would usually do. I hope this helps.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I posted three days ago and no one has commented. I need help please. I have done a complete tuneup change fuel filter change fuel pump and all I get is crank and no start. I have a 2009 Nissan Versa.
[
Hi,
I had the same problem in November. I had the car sitting in the garage for about a week to fix a tail light. When I tried to start the car after all was said and done, it cranked and wouldn't start. When I went to inspect it, the intake smelled like gasoline and the PCV valve was leaking oil. I replaced the PCV valve, fuel pump, and the spark plugs, just was doing things by trial and error, but no luck. It ended up being a compression issue from low oil (high oil consumption likely from the PCV valve) and fuel washed cylinder walls from too much cranking/priming, so a quick oil change did the trick. Drain the oil, replace the oil filter and put the drain plug back on as you would do a normal oil change, take off the intake manifold, pour about a tablespoon of fresh oil into each cylinder, replace the intake manifold gasket before putting the intake manifold back on, then pour the rest of the oil that you need through the oil fill spout like you would usually do. I hope this helps.
I agree completely with Pimperell's reply....review and go over EVERYTHING you did...99% of the time its always something overlooked...a connector that didn't snap completely, a ground wire accidently pulled out or left unconnected...did you buy a good quality brand name fuel pump or did you get one of those cheapo unknown brands. call me what you want but with Fuel components I spend the extra buck and get the Cardone, Bosch or AC Delco's out there...some of these Ying-Yang brands are DOA right out of the box. Good Luck...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts