Nissan Versa Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’ve spent a fortune trying to fix this car.
I bought it with 102k and now has 133k
The car ran beautifully,the first 30k
my stepson accidentally washed the key fob and that’s when all the problems started.
We neber used the key to start car until after the incident.
So far I’ve replaced all the sensors twice,the catalytic converter ,1 ignition coil,fuel pump,fuse box
The first mechanic swapped all the sensors,cat and fuse box.then it still turned off.
He advised me to take it to the stealership.
They had it twice and still can’t figure out why it turns off.the dealership replaced the sensors again and replaced the ecm and reprogrammed it.they say it’s still running lean and turning off but can’t figure out why it’s doing it.
I just don’t know what to do anymore.i hate to dump more money in it.bit I will if I can find the cure and get at least 35k more k to offset the expenses.hate to get in debt for another car when this car was running well
Has anyone had this issue and found the problem.
Thanks appreciate all feedback

·
Registered
688 Posts
my stepson accidentally washed the key fob and that’s when all the problems started.
So far I’ve replaced all the sensors twice,the catalytic converter ,1 ignition coil,fuel pump,fuse box
The first mechanic swapped all the sensors,cat and fuse box.then it still turned off.
They had it twice and still can’t figure out why it turns off.the dealership replaced the sensors again and replaced the ecm and reprogrammed it.they say it’s still running lean and turning off but can’t figure out why it’s doing it.
I just don’t know what to do anymore.i hate to dump more money in it.bit I will if I can find the cure and get at least 35k more k to offset the expenses.hate to get in debt for another car when this car was running well
Only time I had a issue with something like that happening was when I purchased a new Bonneville. The car would run fine for a while, then out of nowhere just shut down out of the blue. Took it to the dealer and after a couple of days, the diagnosed it as the Crank position sensor. Seems that after the engine would heat up for a while the crank sensor would fail, and the engine would shut down. The sensor was replaced, and it never happened again. Good luck!!!!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks for your input
wish I had more feedback with people who have experience this and found the issue
its common but people stop posting
im not taking back to stealership.theste guy’s are expensive and clueless

·
Registered
118 Posts
cabman,

Can you give me a little more details on when the problem occurs?
Is it every time? is it only after the car is warm up, it's only when the car is cold?
What year is the car?

Running lean mean's it's not getting enough air, A few things to try, check your air filter and air filter box, make sure a mouse has not made a home in it.
Take a peak at your Throttle value, is it super dirty? if you can't see light underneath it when it's closed, it might need cleaning. (throttle valve should never be 100% air tight, should be a small gap underneath it.)
Also, a Throttle position relearn might not be a bad idea.

·
Registered
118 Posts
You are probably right, I interpenetrated that statement as the car's computer was forcing the lean mixture to adapt for the shortage of air.

Hey cabman, any chance you can get the fuel trims from the car?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts