Nissan Versa Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Whats ya'lls oppinion on 0w-30

while i was having fuel issues with my Suzuki, My roomate was suggesting to use it seeing how his brother did for one of his cars

I'm worried for how much I use my car will it be cost effective and will it even improve my fuel mileage in the long run
at 52K miles, I don't know if I want to risk putting full synthetic 0w-30

·
Registered
68 Posts
52k doesn't seem too high to go synthetic, I could be wrong but asuming it was taken care of it should be alright, I'm thinking of doing myne on the next oil change, I just picked it up at about 30000 miles (70000km I don't know the exact conversion). I switched to synth on my fiancees yaris at about 90000 km and it was all good.

·
Registered
2,359 Posts
I'm worried for how much I use my car will it be cost effective and will it even improve my fuel mileage in the long run
at 52K miles, I don't know if I want to risk putting full synthetic 0w-30
I'm at 81K miles [2007 versa] and just keep using 5-30W
change it every 3,000 miles; seems to run smooth and last fill up got
36MPG {city and highway}

·
Registered
6,563 Posts
I'm at 81K miles [2007 versa] and just keep using 5-30W
change it every 3,000 miles; seems to run smooth and last fill up got
36MPG {city and highway}
I'm getting an oil change on Monday at Nissan; using 5W-30 as well. That's all I've ever used, every 3-4 months I change it. Car is still under 50K.
I'm not getting as good as mileage as you; basically because I drive city almost 100% now.

·
Registered
174 Posts
It's probably not going to pose a problem, but why chance using an oil weight different than the manufacturer's recommendation? Mileage? Is it really worth the (potential) risk?

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Then I'm getting alil conserned
Because I'm getting 21-22 City and 28.8(last tank at about 85% highway) MPG

Still a far cry better then my Suzuki
or do I just drive like a total dick?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.