Nissan Versa Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im going to upgrade the front brakes of my 1.6 sedan, especiall y after finding out from theo that the beakes were smaller by more than an inch on the 1.6's than that of the 1.8.

i'm curious if the pads and calipers are the same on the 1.6 and 1.8 and they only utilize a different caliper mount and rotor.

any help would be appreciated, otherwise i'm going to have to befriend someone at the local nissan parts department.

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
was going to have stainless lines made at the hose shop i use for work. i just didn't know if the caliper and pads were the same. i have a friend at a wrecking yard. going to have him keep an eye out for me

·
Premium Member
3,270 Posts
I looked into this before. While the FSM listed the brakes as totally different between the 1.6 and the 1.8 the parts stores list them as the same? Post up your findings. I am curious as to how this pans out.

·
Premium Member
3,270 Posts
updating this as now the parts stores list the brakes as different. The 1.6 used 260mm rotors and the 1.8's us 280mm. Someone needs to try this out. You may be able to get away with just swapping the bracket, rotor and pads. Several nissans use the same caliper but the bracket is what is different. When it comes time for brakes for me I might look into it but I still have alot of life left in mine.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi,

New member here, long time viewer but first post, my name is Jason and I own an 07 Tiida (Versa). Over here our 1.8 models have the 1.6 brake set up (260ml), I purchased a set of discs and pads from R1 in the states but was sent the 280ml discs, just wondering if anyone has done or tried doing the conversion as of yet because I think the bigger brakes would not only stop better but look way cooler as well. Cheers :)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.